DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help! Cracked camera lens on Mavic Air? Easy fix?

Yes. That's what I did.
You have to be sure that the broken one is the protective filter not actual lens.
This flat piece of glass is the filter. You have actual lens inside.
View attachment 78615
Here’s my picture of mine. Is that what I should crack open. And then I could screw on a filter?

Attachments

• 77EBD95E-FA2B-4763-8F82-580C8CB00F76.jpeg
    77EBD95E-FA2B-4763-8F82-580C8CB00F76.jpeg
    460.6 KB · Views: 26
Here’s my picture of mine. Is that what I should crack open. And then I could screw on a filter?
Unfortunately, that's not a filter screwed onto the camera. You broke the glass on the camera.

Yes that’s where mine is broken. It’s the glass around the camera. The little camera inside is not broken. So I guess it would work.
sorry, did you remove all the broken glass? was the cam sensor underneath? Did you see if the focus was adjusted?

I've removed filter and successfully put 3rd party filter.

I met the same issue. My Mavic Air original filter had a 1/2 crack on it and it affected photo results.
After struggling to remove original filter for a hour. I accidentally broke the filter and it helped to remove it.

First, by gently and carefully push the center of the crack with sharp object such as small driver.
The filter will be easily break. You make the hole larger and larger then you will remove whole filter away.

Then put 3rd party filter on the outer rim.
can I ask you if you noticed if the optics under the lens could rotate? I have my MA1 which has the images out of focus, the very close images are in focus, the rest is all slightly out of focus. thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21