DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!!!! CRASH AND BURN😥

Dukegotit

Reactions
Hey guys I'm fairly new to drone flying. I recently got a mavic mini and decided to test it out and well somehow I hit a house and it fell hard so hard that it actually broke the top part of the shell right above the camera as well as broke the gimble so the camera is just hanging loose. Oh did I mention the left front leg snapped as well. I did get it used so there is no dji care. My question is is it worth it to try to repair this( if I can figure it out) drone or go ahead and get maybe the mini4k or 2se? I would definitely need new shell ,gimble ,and left leg please help I can take pics if that would help

Reactions: RodPad
"somehow I hit a house "

Before you consider flying another drone, you should thoroughly understand what you did to cause the accident and what you need to do to avoid another. It sounds like the damage was confined to your drone. That might not be the case again.

Last edited:
@Dukegotit

I agree with all of the above.

How many flights did you have on this MM before it hit the house?
Summery was it already goofed up when you got it?

Rod ..

Reactions: Cafguy
I started off with a Mavic Mini. I named him "Crashy" but could have just as well named him "Buzzsaw" based on how many leaves he would chop off of trees when I occasionally (often) slammed into them. I am a strong proponent of the concept that : You will learn far more from failure than you will ever from success.

I started out flying a vivitar drone for a few months. This mini was flown by me personally a total of maybe ......2 times.yes that's including this wreck. I was actually trying to bring it down closer to me to land it. I'm fully aware of everything I did wrong. And usually wouldn't fly in such a condensed area. But compared to the toys I've had in the past this was like having a Cadillac. The excitement took over and I flew it without any planning ahd it cost me

I started off with a Mavic Mini. I named him "Crashy" but could have just as well named him "Buzzsaw" based on how many leaves he would chop off of trees when I occasionally (often) slammed into them. I am a strong proponent of the concept that : You will learn far more from failure than you will ever from success.

That's the story of my life. There's only one way to do it and that's doin it. And this time like many other times I learn a lot. So I'll pick up these pieces and tell the wife that when she started the microwave during my flight it interfered with the signal and crashed. And since it's her fault I have to spend $ on a replacement/upgrade! I hope she falls for it

But with drones, the only lesson learned through crashing 'em is how to open the wallet. 😁

Hey guys I'm fairly new to drone flying. I recently got a mavic mini........
If you post the flight log for the crash flight you might learn quite a bit.
A mavic mini is now probably quite a cheap learner, I would stick with them until you gain experience of safe flying.
Crashing a mini 4 pro is likely to get expensive, I would also suggest that a mini 2 would be better than a mini 2SE and probably not much more expensive than the mini 2SE..

Just as there's more than one way to "skin a cat", there's more than one way to learn how to fly one's drone. When I first started out, I was concerned that my new drone may succumb to a similar fate as the OP, so I went online and found an abundance of advice for "exercises" to PRACTICE and familiarize one's self of the operations of one's drone, so as to prevent, or at least drastically reduce the chances of demolishing one's drone. Sure, one way of "learning" is to just take it out and push it to it's limits, hoping it survives for a 2nd flight, but there are SO many potential crash scenarios that I can think of with this method, and some resulting in outcomes that could render the operator in severe legal jeopardy. Perhaps a different approach with your next drone could be considered? Just my $.02

Just wow!! I do not understand crashing into a house? If you see you are heading towards a crash just let go of the sticks.

Just wow!! I do not understand crashing into a house? If you see you are heading towards a crash just let go of the sticks.
It happens more frequently than you might think.
People fly drones sideways and backwards as well as forwards, if folks happen to be screen watching, as happens, then they will not see the 'approaching' obstacle. Releasing the sticks is not a 100% guarantee of collision avoidance, how quickly a drone stops depending on the initial speed and, where applicable, the set braking severity.

Reactions: Pinyoro and RodPad
Skip the mini stuff. Air2S would fly better.
The op is as likely to crash an air 2s as they are to crash a mini, the cost of repairing/replacing an air 2s is likely to be higher than the cost of replacing a mini. My worst crash was with a mavic 2 zoom, caused by a knee jerk response to a problem, the response was incorrect and sent the drone into a tree which was followed by a 50ft fall.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe