DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help, Gimble cover stuck.

Rchawks

Reactions
I don't know how I did this. But my cover is now stuck on the gimble and for the life of me I can't see how to remove the cover without damage to the gimble.
I figured it out. I reached in with my index finger and thumb and pinched the gimble and held it steady while i wiggled the cover loose and off the floating assembly without
damage.
😳

Last edited:
Damage to gimble or cover. Picture would help.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Did you mean without damage, because I have seen quite a few people violently attack that gimbal cover and jar the camera pretty good and forget about that it happened minutes latter.

That camera does not like to be jarred . but it happens a lot and no one pays it attention , but I never used one on any of the drones. I figure if the camera can negotiate 40 mph winds should be ok to bounce around a little bit and that has proven to be the case.

Considering how many times i have taken it with me on the back of the Harley with just a strap. A perfect Horizon is the sign of a Success.

Others swear an oath to it and put a leash on it so as not to forget it take it off.

Lets hope no damage was done.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain , Land on the Water.

I figured it out.
Before you install your Gimbal cover, make sure your camera is facing forward and is level. When I lift my drone up and I hold my drone with its nose in the air so I can turn it off, the camera is still active and trying to maintain a level shot and when the Drone shuts down, the camera sometimes remains in some odd-ball skewed angle and it will not fit into the Gimbal cover correctly. I need to straighten it out by hand, ever so gently so the camera fits correctly under the cover.

Perhaps, you put the cover on while the camera was skewed, pointing down, maybe? Now that you have it removed and I hope undamaged, I would also recommend you put (tape or glue) a ribbon on the gimbal cover that is several inches long that says, "Remove Before Flight" so that you remember to remove the Gimbal cover before you power up the drone and preventing the gimbal from going through its power-on sequence.

Reactions: Rchawks
I meant to say it was undamaged. What happened was I didn't hook the tabs under in the front lip and the back part of the cover was almost engaged. Out of the 2 yrs of attaching the cover this is my first misstep. No damage no worries 😄

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS