DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!!!! LOCKED OUT OF DJI APP

Problem resolved
New DJI Assistant 2 is dated 2019.03.21 I downloaded, installed and opens fine.
That sounds promising. Could you post the actual url to that download page because I just went there to check out the new 3/21 version but I still got the old version which doesn't work for me. Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot (262).png
    Screenshot (262).png
    141 KB · Views: 11
That sounds promising. Could you post the actual url to that download page because I just went there to check out the new 3/21 version but I still got the old version which doesn't work for me. Thanks
Have you cleared the cache or reloaded the page once it is displayed? CPU May be loading page from history.

Honestly I don't know what all that means without me messing things up further.
That's why I thought if I have that url from that actual page you visited , my issue would clear up. But now based upon your response I'm wondering if there's something more I need to mess with which I'm honestly trying to avoid.
For example when you say cache I wonder what cache from where. That program or the whole computer or what. I usually do mess stuff up unless I have literally 100% of every step.

That sounds promising
Apparently it is for the M2 only when I wrote it.
About a week ago I had used Revo Uninstaller then rebooted. No traces left. Then I tried to reload the old one. Error
I read a thread on DJI forum it said to check back frequently, this morning I saw today's date, downloaded and installed then connected to M2P

Honestly I don't know what all that means without me messing things up further.
That's why I thought if I have that url from that actual page you visited , my issue would clear up. But now based upon your response I'm wondering if there's something more I need to mess with which I'm honestly trying to avoid.
For example when you say cache I wonder what cache from where. That program or the whole computer or what. I usually do mess stuff up unless I have literally 100% of every step.
If you are on your computer and trying to get the software downloaded... your computer/browser may be storing a page and just showing you that (cache is like temporary memory). So try again and just refresh the page. If that doesn’t work use a different browser.

It's amazing how many threads on this forum appeared on this very issue.
I posted a download link on one or two threads to a version where I stripped out the bad signature.

It's amazing how many threads on this forum appeared on this very issue.
I posted a download link on one or two threads to a version where I stripped out the bad signature.
Me2. Seems most were from new members... could be any reason for sure, but reflects human nature as well as failure to search.

I'm beginning to wonder if most replies here are referring to mavic pro 2 and not mavic pro 1. I just went to the site and this is what I see . So it looks like DJI is not supporting mavic PRO anymore . Please look at the attachment before replying.

I have cleared my cache for the entire history , deleted any and all files that had the letters DJI in them , emptied the recycle bin, went back to the dji.com site DJI Mavic Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI , hit the EXE and the ZIP , hit the OPEN as ADMINISTRATOR and also straight up OPEN . In other words I have tried every known variation of action but still I get DJI BLOCKED.
Am I doing something wrong?
And I'd appreciate not being reprimanded like a child for not searching.( you know who you are) I've searched and to no avail for over two weeks now. Like everything I'm sure there's a very simple step to correcting this . And also I have used the dji assistant 2 many many times in the past successfully.
Thanks for any useful help ahead of time

Attachments

• Screenshot (682).png
    Screenshot (682).png
    205.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot (683).png
    Screenshot (683).png
    199.9 KB · Views: 13
  • dji blocked.jpg
    dji blocked.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 10
Just wait a few days, DJI is going to release an updated version of Assistant 2 which resolves the certificate issue.

Reactions: Turn11
Thanks for that. Thatll save me from messing up my computer any further.
Out of curiosity, where did you get that helpful titbit. Also do you know anything about that attachment I included with the (Updates discontinued ) message. ?

Thanks for that. Thatll save me from messing up my computer any further.
Out of curiosity, where did you get that helpful titbit. Also do you know anything about that attachment I included with the (Updates discontinued ) message. ?

"Updates discontinued" presumably refers to adding new features to the code. In this case they need to take the latest compiled binaries before they were signed and re-sign them with their new certificates, which is fairly simple other than any policies they hopefully have in place to secure their signing key. I guess DJI decided that was easier than literally sticking to their "no updates" policy and cutting users of older drones off entirely unless they were prepared to jump through hoops.

"Updates discontinued" presumably refers to adding new features to the code. In this case they need to take the latest compiled binaries before they were signed and re-sign them with their new certificates, which is fairly simple other than any policies they hopefully have in place to secure their signing key. I guess DJI decided that was easier than literally sticking to their "no updates" policy and cutting users of older drones off entirely unless they were prepared to jump through hoops.
Hopefully so for resale values and older birds.

cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2"

"DJI Assistant 2.exe"
To make things a bit simpler with this command prompt approach, you could create a batch file and save it to your desktop:

1) open Notepad
2) type (or copy/paste) the two lines of code above (modifying the path to correspond to your own app location if necessary). Retain the quotes.
3) Click File, then Save as... Name the file "asst.bat" or something, just being sure that "bat" follows the dot, and save it to your desktop.

Double-clicking the desktop icon will execute the commands without having to invoke the command prompt and will avoid the typos that all of my (obviously faulty) keyboards insert no matter how flawlessly I tpye.

If you do all that, but the command prompt only flashes on the screen briefly and the app doesn't run, add the word "pause" (no quotes this time) on a new line at the end of the batch file. That'll give you an opportunity to see why the command didn't run.

Mike

Reactions: larryc43230
To make things a bit simpler with this command prompt approach, you could create a batch file and save it to your desktop:

1) open Notepad
2) type (or copy/paste) the two lines of code above (modifying the path to correspond to your own app location if necessary). Retain the quotes.
3) Click File, then Save as... Name the file "asst.bat" or something, just being sure that "bat" follows the dot, and save it to your desktop.

Double-clicking the desktop icon will execute the commands without having to invoke the command prompt and will avoid the typos that all of my (obviously faulty) keyboards insert no matter how flawlessly I tpye.

If you do all that, but the command prompt only flashes on the screen briefly and the app doesn't run, add the word "pause" (no quotes this time) on a new line at the end of the batch file. That'll give you an opportunity to see why the command didn't run.

Mike
Works perfectly, as long as you right-click on the .bat file and select "Run as administrator".

Thanks for the tip!

Larry

Good point. Sorry I didn't include that. I didn't have to run as administrator so the thought didn't occur to me. Perhaps it's because I tested it all out on a Win 7 beater laptop, not 10.

Reactions: larryc43230
Good point. Sorry I didn't include that. I didn't have to run as administrator so the thought didn't occur to me. Perhaps it's because I tested it all out on a Win 7 beater laptop, not 10.
Yeah, apparently the permissions problem is a Windows 10 thing. I'm still hoping DJI will do the right thing and get their security certificate updated soon.

Larry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007