DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

*Help* Mavic disconnecting from app after 1-2 minutes of flight each time.

I’d carefully clean your connection ports! Sometimes lint etc will cause problems like this! I’ve had to clean my mini iPad and iPhone ports twice in a 2 year period! All kinds of crap ca build up in these ports! Just be very careful about it! On my post earlier on cables if it’s a charge only cable it won’t work from the get go!!! So that’s not the issue, but I’ve seen good data/charge cables with some wear or broken wires cause this! I always keep several data/charge cables in my case for spares!!
I'm using the Adam usb to USBC on my Samsung galaxy S10+ latest DJI go app and it's happening to me.
The Adam cables are specially for the DJI drones off Thier website so it's definitely not a cable connection problem.
To me it seems like the app isn't recycling and reconnecting back to the controller when you lose signal.
Because everything on the controller works but the app just won't connect again meaning no video feed.

Reactions: chazzm
I'm using the Adam usb to USBC on my Samsung galaxy S10+ latest DJI go app and it's happening to me.
The Adam cables are specially for the DJI drones off Thier website so it's definitely not a cable connection problem.
To me it seems like the app isn't recycling and reconnecting back to the controller when you lose signal.
Because everything on the controller works but the app just won't connect again meaning no video feed.

Still doesn’t address the ports possibly being dirty though! You’d be surprised at the stuff you can dig out of them!

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Great cables by the way, although a little pricey in my opinion,,,
Yes I was shocked at the charging port already on my S10+ I checked the other day loads of fluff in there and headphone jack port . [emoji16]

Reactions: chazzm
I did think about checking the ports for lint, and they were plenty clean, but I double checked. Next time it happens I’ll power cycle the controller, I’ve killed and restarted the app(s) numerous times with no luck.
Really strange it never does this at home though, only at new locations or on the road.

I did think about checking the ports for lint, and they were plenty clean, but I double checked. Next time it happens I’ll power cycle the controller, I’ve killed and restarted the app(s) numerous times with no luck.
Really strange it never does this at home though, only at new locations or on the road.
It's the link from controller to the app.
As soon as you repower the controller the go fly comes up on the go 4 app.
I stood there the other day before I figured it all out, and was plugging and unplugging the wire was backing out the app about 10 times, I couldn't get that go fly to come in the app.
Then I just switched the controller off and back on and it worked.

Reactions: Thomas B
I had this issue recently. It would connect and disconnect constantly. I use the standard USB port on the bottom. If I wiggled the cable (and I tried 4 or 5 different ones) it would connect, until I bumped the cable. Finally, I took the point of an X Acto knife, and by touching the edge of the plastic piece in the opening, I could wiggle it. I checked some other USB ports on other devices and they don't move. The controller, is now on the way to DJI for repair. I hated to do that, now that summer is here, but I didn't want to risk a disconnect with bad results. I'll go back to my good old Phantom 3 Pro for the time being.

Reactions: chazzm and Thomas B
I had this issue recently. It would connect and disconnect constantly. I use the standard USB port on the bottom. If I wiggled the cable (and I tried 4 or 5 different ones) it would connect, until I bumped the cable. Finally, I took the point of an X Acto knife, and by touching the edge of the plastic piece in the opening, I could wiggle it. I checked some other USB ports on other devices and they don't move. The controller, is now on the way to DJI for repair. I hated to do that, now that summer is here, but I didn't want to risk a disconnect with bad results. I'll go back to my good old Phantom 3 Pro for the time being.

I’m glad you got that figured out!, I’ve been cleaning the dust off of my P4 last night, this is my first “camera” drone I’ve ever owned! Knock on wood I’ve never had an issue or crashed this one thank god! But was thinking of how much I’d learned from the drone! Even though now I have my MP, P4P, inspire etc, this old P4 is still my baby! I think I’d rather order the parts I needed and kept everything at home! Only because when you send anything to DJI your definitely NOT garenteed your going to get back the items you’ve sent them!!! A lot of the time they toss what you sent and either send a new one or a refurbished one instead! I’m not trying to give you anxiety or anything, just trying to prepare you if there was any sentimental attachments (silly I know) but I won’t send my AC or whatever if I’m not going to get “MY” item back! I’m sentimental like that haha, anyway congratulations on your detective work!

This is the third time I've sent devices to them. Always had good luck. This is only the controller, so a new or refurbished is OK. As long as it works.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000