DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: My Samsung S21 Ultra would not work with DJI GO 4 app

Is yours a snapdragon or exynos?

Seems the problem mostly lies with the ones with an exynos

Godd question, I don't know is the answer.
CPU-Z would indicate exynos2100

Last edited:
I had a short flight yesterday with the S21 and didn't experience any issues.
See attached image for software versions etc.samsung.jpg

Such a shame...
My Exynos S21 Ultra has a very bright display. It's excellent in sunny conditions. Everything worked fine before April. And then... no video from the Mavic 2 Pro. I've bought an old iPhone 6S Plus to be able to make it fly again.
Still waiting for the problem to be solved... but it sems it won't be, three months later.

Maybe we could downgrade the S21 to the last working ROM ?

Last edited:
Such a shame...
My Exynos S21 Ultra has a very bright display. It's excellent in sunny conditions. Everything worked fine before April. And then... no video from the Mavic 2 Pro. I've bought an old iPhone 6S Plus to be able to make it fly again.
Still waiting for the problem to be solved... but it sems it won't be, three months later. DJI Fly has been updated a few days ago : the changelog doesn't talk about the S21 issue.

Maybe we could downgrade the S21 to the last working ROM ?
We can't downgrade without using 3rd party apps like Odin....which if you don't know what you are doing can brick your phone and I m not sure but I think getting OTA updates won't be available anymore.

If you seriously want a resolution, IMHO the best approach is to either phone or email DJI at [email protected] and request that they compile and release a new DJI Go 4 version that supports S21 ultra exynos . The more emails the better

I recently got the new Samsung S21 Ultra. Now my phone would not connect to the app so I can fly my M2P.

Is there anybody using the S21 Ultra with the DJI GO app? Or are they just not compatible? Or what can I do to make this work?

If not compatible, can someone please share a link to something cheap I can buy and use? That cost between $100 to $150? Or if less than $100, that would be even better. A phone or a tablet that would serve me since my phone is not working with the app.

Before my S21 Ultra, I had a Samsung Note 10+. I never had a problem with the phone connecting to the app.
Same issue. I now have a DJI Mavic Platinum sitting idle. Upgraded my old Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (which worked very well with DJI Go 4) to Ultra s21 at Christmas (2021). Telstra transferred all the apps across including DJI Go 4. Unfortunately, didn't test it before we left on holidays. The app which has worked without fail for me for years simply will not even open on the new phone. Have uninstalled and reinstalled atleast four times. My phone updates are all up to date. Every other app that I had on Note 8 works on Ultra s21. What is going on?

Hi.

Did anyone get any feedback as yet?
I've started my drone after a while and refuses to enter the app.
The app does not work with the Samsung S21 Ultra. And I think some other phones too.

I'm wondering: What is the issue you are experiencing? I'm using a Samsung S21+ with the DJI Go App 4 and a Mavic 2 Pro. I flew a month ago with no issue at all. Last week I went through my procedures and suddenly the image transmission was breaking up. The App aksed me if I want to fly home, since the videodownlink wasn't stable. Since then I couldn't get it to work. Obviously there must have been something in the last Android update that changed something.

First I thought that there is an issue with the controler, but using my old Nexus Pad, everything works fine.

So anyone else with issues combining the Mavic 2 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S21+ and the Mavic controller?
It's the ANDROID 12 update. My S21 Ultra was working fine until I updated to A12. Ever since then I can't even open the DJIG4 app. WTF DJI?

Not sure if this is an issue with the Galaxy s21 or Android 12. Can someone try doing the following with a S21 and see if this works:

I'm using a Samsung Note 10+, recently updated to Android 12, and DJI Go 4 won't work at all, it crashes immediately when it's opened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000