DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help: My Samsung S21 Ultra would not work with DJI GO 4 app

Finally it worked! The solution is to download the updated DJI GO 4 apk directly from the DJI's website, NOT from Google Play Store! Download the Android apk installer from here:

DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI

Then it has to be installed manually, as explained in the video above. The version of DJI GO 4 available in Google Play Store WILL NOT work with Android 12! DJI stopped updating its DJI GO 4 app available in Google Play Store, and now the most up to date version compatible with Android 12 has to be downloaded directly from the DJI's website linked above. Problem solved!

Part of an email I received back from dji support ... no trouble since then:

"... The reason for this issue is that due to some reason, Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps.

Please do not worry, you can download the latest DJI Apps from our official website which is dji.com.

Please click this link to download the latest DJI Go 4 App, Already Supported Android 12): DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI "

I recently got the new Samsung S21 Ultra. Now my phone would not connect to the app so I can fly my M2P.

Is there anybody using the S21 Ultra with the DJI GO app? Or are they just not compatible? Or what can I do to make this work?

If not compatible, can someone please share a link to something cheap I can buy and use? That cost between $100 to $150? Or if less than $100, that would be even better. A phone or a tablet that would serve me since my phone is not working with the app.

Before my S21 Ultra, I had a Samsung Note 10+. I never had a problem with the phone connecting to the app.
Yes, having same issue with SamN20+. Fails continually. Support unsuccessful. PH4V20, remote has screen, does accept the firmware download and the Go4 download but ultimately still fails while trying to install. Incidentally, my linking is failing, so no connection, no flight, no app.

Yes, having same issue with SamN20+. Fails continually. Support unsuccessful. PH4V20, remote has screen, does accept the firmware download and the Go4 download but ultimately still fails while trying to install. Incidentally, my linking is failing, so no connection, no flight, no app.
Same problem. DJI Support sent me this fix (and reason why it happens to people trying to download through Play Store):

"In regard to this issue, may I confirm whether your DJI Go 4 App is downloaded from the Google Playstore? If it is, If it is, the reason for this issue is that due to some reason, Google discontinued providing a download for all the latest DJI Apps.

Please do not worry, you can download the latest DJI Apps from our official website which is dji.com.

Please click this link to download the latest DJI Go 4 App, Already Supported Android 12): DJI GO 4 - Download Center - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica