DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed please

Paul3729

Reactions
Hello everyone new to all this drones and forums lol
Think I have made a mistake bought a 2nd hand Mavic air off eBay!!
All seems good however two main issues noticed after 1 day do I need to try and get my cash back???
1 RTH Function seems faulty
It’s setting a home point but when ever selected it just says landing and the drone just start defending its over 100m away and 40m up
When pressing the RTH button or on app
Should the audio message say RTH as mine just says landing
Can anyone help me out have read lots of threads on here but can’t find an answer hopefully I’m just being daft if not I need to be on with eBay fast
Cheers paul

The setting on Mavic Mini setting is RTH hover or land in the menu. Don't know about yours, but might check settings.

Reactions: Capt KO
one possibility is that the RTH button is duel function, if you press and hold it my RTH, one quick press may just land the AC.
try it close to you . I think the mini does that . Im not sure about that though, I use a mavic 2 pro

also check the log , for a command that says home point recorded or something similar , its its not recorded it wont return home

no probs, some of the others on here are more knowledgeable than me on that, sorry I cant be more help

How do I check logs sorry!

Hello everyone new to all this drones and forums lol
Think I have made a mistake bought a 2nd hand Mavic air off eBay!!
All seems good however two main issues noticed after 1 day do I need to try and get my cash back???
1 RTH Function seems faulty
It’s setting a home point but when ever selected it just says landing and the drone just start defending its over 100m away and 40m up
When pressing the RTH button or on app
Should the audio message say RTH as mine just says landing
Can anyone help me out have read lots of threads on here but can’t find an answer hopefully I’m just being daft if not I need to be on with eBay fast
Cheers paul
Was it a good to be true deal? I would contact the seller and inquire as to the source of their drones. I believe eBay has "buyer beware" policy but I've never had to inquire. Good luck, please keep us informed.

one possibility is that the RTH button is duel function, if you press and hold it my RTH, one quick press may just land the AC.
try it close to you . I think the mini does that . Im not sure about that though
No DJI drone does that.
Making guesses that aren't at all correct just adds to the confusion.
It really doesn't help anyone.

RTH Function seems faulty
The RTH feature is very reliable and it's unlikely that yours doesn't work.
You need to find out what really happened rather than taking advice from people making guesses.

The most common explanation when new flyers ask why RTH just lands is that they are trying it too close.
Within 20 metres of the launch spot, RTH will land where it is.
Are you certain that your drone was >100 metres away from the home point when this happened?

If it definitely was that far away, the recorded flight data will show what was going on and help solve the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

The RTH feature is very reliable and it's unlikely that yours doesn't work.
You need to find out what really happened rather than taking advice from people making guesses.

The most common explanation when new flyers ask why RTH just lands is that they are trying it too close.
Within 20 metres of the launch spot, RTH will land where it is.
Are you certain that your drone was >100 metres away from the home point when this happened?

If it definitely was that far away, the recorded flight data will show what was going on and help solve the mystery.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
As said all new to me hope I have done this right this is a link to report on airdata Hope it works!

As said all new to me hope I have done this right this is a link to report on airdata
There's no sign of you initiating RTH in that flight data.
I wonder if you might have used the screen button for Autoland which is very close to the RTH screen button?

As said all new to me hope I have done this right this is a link to report on airdata Hope it works!

That flight never went more than 32 m from the home point, and at 31 seconds you engaged autoland via the app autoland button.

Graph0.png

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar