DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed please.

wheelman1uk

Reactions
I'm having problems with my DJI Pro as the iris on the camera does not seem to be closing down in sunlight. I have tried to close it down manually using the control on the handset but without any apparent success. All photos/videos are over exposed to the point of not being able to see what I have filmed.
To explain I am recording directly onto an SD card. I do not use a phone for control as the drone is always in full view. I use it principally to record the changing seasons and how the farmland and hedgerows evolve.
I have not crashed it and to the best of my knowledge I have not damaged the camera.
Any ideas?

unfortunately in order to adjust the camera settings you will need the info displayed on the screen to set your EV values and to see what you are filming is in focus etc the RC still flies the drone and you can still just watch the drone if you want

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I'm having problems with my DJI Pro as the iris on the camera does not seem to be closing down in sunlight. I have tried to close it down manually using the control on the handset but without any apparent success. All photos/videos are over exposed to the point of not being able to see what I have filmed.
To explain I am recording directly onto an SD card. I do not use a phone for control as the drone is always in full view. I use it principally to record the changing seasons and how the farmland and hedgerows evolve.
I have not crashed it and to the best of my knowledge I have not damaged the camera.
Any ideas?

What’s a DJI pro

What’s a DJI pro

Looking at their previous posts I'm assuming they mean an original Mavic Pro although I appreciate it can't stop down since it doesn't have a variable aperture.

I agree with old man mavic that the controller needs a phone or tablet hooked up to it so that the OP can see what's happening to the exposure when they adjust the settings.

Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Thanks for the advice. As the weather looks favourable I will see what I can do today.
Thats provided I can reload the control programme as the last time I attempted it, it took nearly two hours due to a very poor signal.

Thanks for the advice. As the weather looks favourable I will see what I can do today.
Thats provided I can reload the control programme as the last time I attempted it, it took nearly two hours due to a very poor signal.
Can you not take a drive to somewhere with better cell reception?

Reactions: Captain MP
It sounds very much like you have accidentally set the camera to overexpose by 2 or 3 stops.
Deleting and reloading the app is completely unnecessary.
Look at the camera data area on the screen.
It looks like this:
i-DQNgC6q-S.jpg

If the number under EV is +2.0 or +3.0 etc, that's your problem.
Dial it back to zero.

It sounds very much like you have accidentally set the camera to overexpose by 2 or 3 stops.
Deleting and reloading the app is completely unnecessary.
Look at the camera data area on the screen.
It looks like this:
i-DQNgC6q-S.jpg

If the number under EV is +2.0 or +3.0 etc, that's your problem.
Dial it back to zero.
He doesn't fly with a display though. Any way around that one?

I do not use a phone for control as the drone is always in full view.

Ahhhh, I got it!

Use the MetaData.

Take a picture, upload it to the computer, right-click (on PC) and look for "View Metadata".

You may have to open it in a program to see the metadata, but I'm not 100% on that.

Once you see the metadata, you should be able to use the post above mine (by Meta4) to reference your exposure.

He doesn't fly with a display though. Any way around that one?
He's still accidentally set exposure compensation to over expose and just has to set it back to zero.
Flying without a viewing device is just making things unnecessarily difficult for him.
Trying to take photos completely blind can't be a good way to go.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Since the controller controls the camera you are cheating yourself. How do you control the gimbal. Just askin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78