DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed with Mavic 2 Pro

No I agree with you, but even on the perspective correction you can see the lense warp and softening, I agree. Should deffo moan at DJI.
I have sent them the second set of examples to try to get it taken care of. Of course, they see no problem...

My point is a straight line does not curve because of a perspective. You can clearly see the left side warps way out.
View attachment 75502

Perspective and lens distortions are separate, but lens distortions can be exaggerated or become more noticeable depending on perspective. That particular picture was not taken head-on, or perfectly perpendicular to the wall, so it's really hard to come to any conclusions. The apex of that curve would be in the middle otherwise.

Also Adobe's lens corrections for the M2P are pretty bad, you might find you're better off making your own and just batch-applying it.

Reactions: giebe
So the image you posted, you consider good or bad? Looks fine to me, a bit softer on the upper right edge, but that's minimal ...
My first drone had pretty worse quality: Soft corner issue on my Mavic 2 Pro too?
I consider the center area as good. Sides are a bit too too blurred, like shot with very open aperture and very wide focal length. Those taken with mavic air were useless. So I pretty close to decision to buy mavic 2 pro

The M2P has a 1" 20MP sensor and therefore is not going to be anywhere near what you can capture with a DSLR. It's miles ahead of the 1/2.3" sensors but comparing it to a DSLR is equally unfair. Delivering sharp/clear/consistent images is not a problem for it though.
Yeah sure, I am sure that image taken with my DSLR camera mounted on a tripod is much better to an image taken from the drone from the same distance.
But if you take a look on my first attachment with me holding a 1kg camera on fully extended monopod :) facing down.. and combine it with result taken with a drone..that onetaken with a drone is a bit better. I wasnt able to stabilise a camera well enough to avoid blur.

I am using images I take for phpotogrammetry based surface reconstruction. I can take more images to cover certain area as long the quality is fine. For photogrammetry blur is the worst enemy together with any auto-postproduction.

My friend boughta mavic air year ago and he did some tests for myself. The result he got were terrible compared to those from my DSLR camera.
As I see those with M2P are way better but I dont know anyone who can do certain tests for myself. This is I asked for help in here since if I buy this drone and images taken with it wont be good enough, that drone is going to be totally useless for me.

I am using images I take for phpotogrammetry based surface reconstruction. I can take more images to cover certain area as long the quality is fine. For photogrammetry blur is the worst enemy together with any auto-postproduction.

My friend boughta mavic air year ago and he did some tests for myself. The result he got were terrible compared to those from my DSLR camera.
As I see those with M2P are way better but I dont know anyone who can do certain tests for myself. This is I asked for help in here since if I buy this drone and images taken with it wont be good enough, that drone is going to be totally useless for me.
I got my new replacement and the camera on this one is good. It might actually be a bit better than my original M2P. To check the camera on my new one I went back to the same wall, what a difference in the detail from the shot posted earlier...

Reactions: giebe

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15