DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help needed with Mavic Pro problem - no visual

SteveJames

Reactions
Hi, I'm a new user but successfully got up and running with my Pro using an iPhone in the RC, and did some filming last summer.

I've tried to get going again but the iPhone display using the Go4 APP just says 'disconnected' after a few moments, before I take off.
Everything seems good and the camera image displays fine for a few seconds then just goes black and says 'disconnected' in the top left of the screen.

I've tried upgrading the software in the drone and RC, and reloaded the APP but no change,

It flies just fine - i just can't see where I am !

Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

Hi, I'm a new user but successfully got up and running with my Pro using an iPhone in the RC, and did some filming last summer.

I've tried to get going again but the iPhone display using the Go4 APP just says 'disconnected' after a few moments, before I take off.
Everything seems good and the camera image displays fine for a few seconds then just goes black and says 'disconnected' in the top left of the screen.

I've tried upgrading the software in the drone and RC, and reloaded the APP but no change,

It flies just fine - i just can't see where I am !

Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• A2794CBE-4CEE-41A7-B89B-09BD82AEEC21.png
    A2794CBE-4CEE-41A7-B89B-09BD82AEEC21.png
    571.5 KB · Views: 19
Does the app keep showing battery % and distance etc. on your iPhone? It looks not. Because my bet is that if not the cord from RC to iPhone is faulty or the plug in either. The controller will still fly the craft. Try using a different cord and then one that uses the USB cord to test the theories.
Don’t try to fly far without narrowing this down.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Are you plugging into the side port or the USB port underneath the controller? I'd try a different cable plugging into the full size USB port underneath the controller and see how that goes since that's the most reliable way of connecting the phone.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
To test if will connect to the phone without the controller, you can fly just from the phone by flicking the tiny switch under the cover for the SD card. This will switch the craft over to direct coms to the phone. But range etc. is greatly reduced of course. Make sure to switch it back when finished!

Are you plugging into the side port or the USB port underneath the controller? I'd try a different cable plugging into the full size USB port underneath the controller and see how that goes since that's the most reliable way of connecting the phone.
Yep! I read the little port can get damaged...

Because my bet is that if not the cord from RC to iPhone is faulty or the plug in either.
I'd try a different cable plugging into the full size USB port underneath the controller and see how that goes since that's the most reliable way of connecting the phone.

Yep, this is usually the issue (those short phone cables DJI supply aren't the best), and agree, try your regular phone USB-A / Lightning cable to the larger controller access point underneath.
If that works ok, find a decent cable to use there permanently.

If you want a good cable, the Thors Drone World cables are excellent, right angle end, spiral cable keeps out of the way, and it'll work for phone or ipad mini etc, in the arms or using a mount.
They aren't the cheapest, but they are well made, specifically for drone connection.

This in the Lightning option is what you'd be looking for.

Mine with their Lifthor mount cable is well tucked away as the spiral cable keeps it tensioned.

thor_cable_1.jpg thor_cable_2.jpg thor_cable_3.jpg thor_holder_lanyard_01lr.jpg

Reactions: Phil17
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78