DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please - feature request for Sharpness & contrast settings

volition

Reactions
Hi guys,

The MA2 sharpens it’s images somewhat. More then I like. However it doesn’t have a way of dialing that back. You can always add sharpening in post but softening never really works.

Now obviously I think the default settings should stay as is, but I’d love a feature to dial it back available.

Over on DJI forums there has been a thread requesting this function. I was hoping any of you guys could help out Nd add your support to the thread. I imagine the more something gets attention the higher the priority. You would hope.

Thread is here. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213944

Thanks in advance.

I don't think "sharpness" can be adjusted since there are a finite number of pixels.

"contrast" can be changed by changing the camera settings. I don't have my controller in front of me but I believe you can manually adjust EV(Exposure Value), ISO, and White Balance.

I don't think "sharpness" can be adjusted since there are a finite number of pixels.

"contrast" can be changed by changing the camera settings. I don't have my controller in front of me but I believe you can manually adjust EV(Exposure Value), ISO, and White Balance.

Sharpness can definitely be altered. However, That is the actual image file sharpness. Correct sharpness from the hardware has limits. Gaussian mathematics is used to find the edges and then increase contrast in those specific areas, Which is a processing sharpness. The DJI drones do this by default. And they overdo it for my purposes and it cannot be undone.

Here is a example using sharpening in photoshop but the same thing applies in Video editing.

Yet another item missing from Fly. It seemed standard to have image profiles in Go where you can set image aspects including sharpness.

You can always blur a sharp image, but creating sharpness from a blurred image is really only creating apparent sharpness. Hence the name of the Photoshop filter, unsharp mask, which is intended sharpen the image, while creating a less accurate representation of the original.

You can always blur a sharp image, but creating sharpness from a blurred image is really only creating apparent sharpness. Hence the name of the Photoshop filter, unsharp mask, which is intended sharpen the image, while creating a less accurate representation of the original.
Technically its called an unsharp mask because it uses a blurred negative (unsharp) image underneath the hood to calculate the edges. Every single digital camera ever designed has digital sharpening - Link here if you want to read more about sharpening and digital cameras. Every camera manufacturer does it differently and DJI on this one has overdone it for my tasteand many others. Hence the request, so that we can basically turn it down if we wish or not if we are happy.

The GO app and previous drones had this feature. I do hope DJI can get around to it for the MA2 and DJI FLy app.

Would appreciate if people can pop over to the forum and add their voice to requesting this feature. (It won't harm what we already have (default setting should be as it is)

Thread here - [Feature Request] Manual Sharpness and Contrast - Thanks in Advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242