DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help please: Strong Intereference signal then crash

Costa2003

Reactions
Hello everybody,

Unfortunately this post is the one I always dreaded one day. I was just starting a flight had full GPS signal and was using the active track feature to follow my car while my buddy was driving. The area was pretty open with low power poles as I was flying higher than them and away from them. All of a sudden I get a strong interference signal on my screen and right away the Mavic goes crazy spins in a dive. I try to give it power to lift and regain control but no luck. I then get the disconnected aircraft status and I know it has powered off and I can’t get it to start again. I open the find the drone feature and I see that the drone is in a big ditch of water that I can’t get to due to heavy bushes. What can I do now? Can DJI do anything?
I bought the Mavic over 1 year ago with no DJI care. What are my options since I wasn’t in control of the drone to begin with? Any help is much appreciated thanks!

At best, they will give you a discount coupon to use towards your next purchase of a Mavic replacement.

Sadly strike it up to experience and move on. It's part of owning a drone. I learned my lesson info a similar way. Try to recover the done and make some money back on selling the parts.
Sorry for you mate.

Thanks for your input guys. I will be upgrading to the new Mavic 2. In your experience is it worth buying the DJI refresh care? I know it’s only covered for a year. In this case I had the Mavic for a year and half until my fatal flight so not sure if it’s worth spending the extra $.

On another note I already put my parts for sale on Craigslist. I have tried searching but no classifieds in this forum am I correct?

Thanks for your input guys. I will be upgrading to the new Mavic 2. In your experience is it worth buying the DJI refresh care? I know it’s only covered for a year. In this case I had the Mavic for a year and half until my fatal flight so not sure if it’s worth spending the extra $.

On another note I already put my parts for sale on Craigslist. I have tried searching but no classifieds in this forum am I correct?
Personally i would get the cover on a new drone.
There is a classifieds section under General.

I would avoid the DJI care fees, and the headaches of dealing with them, and if it needs fixed, send it to someone like ThunderDrones who actually cares about the quality of his work, and won't send you back someone else's buggy "refurbished" drone. I went through that twice, first one came back with a glitchy compass, the next one had a gimbal overload failure after 5 hours of use, and no hard knocks on my end. If you can get it back quickly, flush it out with distilled water, then high concentrate isopropyl alcohol to quickly dry it out, then in front of a fan for a day before trying to turn it on.It may actually work, and then you would have a "beater" to fly like a nut in sport mode, with less stress. It's no fun crawling through a muddy ditch, just pretend your in the Nam ;-)

Regards,

Kevin

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard