DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help RC PRO CONTROLLER problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will someone please tell me what hell Auto Mode is there for? I just don't get it, I must just be stupid,
Because that is how I feel by some of the responses I have received, ie capital letters !
Very disappointed
Oman

as stated, dual band is automatically on auto so that the system can automatically choose a frequency on either band to give best results (in theory)

By selecting a band, you are forcing it to stay within this band. You can have it automatically scan that band, or you can manually select a frequency within that band to suit.

Dual band is giving over the reigns to the system, and it wouldnt make sense to manually select and lock in a frequency in this mode
Spot on

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Will someone please tell me what hell Auto Mode is there for? I just don't get it, I must just be stupid,
Because that is how I feel by some of the responses I have received, ie capital letters !
Very disappointed
Oman
You are way overthinking this. Auto works when you select a BAND. The CHANNEL is selected automatically with the least interference. You can MANUALLY select a CHANNEL by sliding the box along the BAND graph. When you select DUAL, the software AUTOMATICALLY selects the BAND and CHANNEL with the least interference. Put it on DUAL and let the controller do what it's designed to do.

You are way overthinking this. Auto works when you select a BAND. The CHANNEL is selected automatically with the least interference. When you select DUAL, the software AUTOMATICALLY selects the BAND and CHANNEL with the least interference. Put it on DUAL and let the controller do what it's designed to do.
Thanks oman
I would like to know what Auto Mode is for It must serve some purpose?
Thanks again

One more thing tell why there is a Auto selection if Dual does Auto?
There isn't, which is why it is grayed out. Theoretically, the programmers could have chosen to remove Auto from the screen completely in Dual mode, but they just chose to gray it out instead. It isn't a bug. It is just their method of communicating that it is already in Auto, and you can't toggle it to Manual because it is grayed out.

Reactions: GFields
There isn't, which is why it is grayed out. Theoretically, the programmers could have chosen to remove Auto from the screen completely in Dual mode, but they just chose to gray it out instead. It isn't a bug. It is just their method of communicating that it is already in Auto, and you can't toggle it to Manual because it is grayed out.
I know this is getting old, but what I don't understand is that if I toggle off Dual Mode, Auto Mode comes on also Manual becomes available and when I toggle Dual Mode on Auto Mode goes off also Manual becomes unavailable. I think I need a therapist lol
Thanks for your patience
Doug

Last edited:
I know this is getting old, but what I don't understand is that if I toggle off Dual Mode, Auto Mode comes on and when I toggle Dual Mode on Auto Mode goes off.
Thanks for your patience
Doug
Auto is already on and cannot be turned off in Dual Mode. Just because it is grayed out does not mean it isn't ON. It is! It is only grayed out because you can't turn Auto OFF in Dual Mode. When you switch out of Dual Mode, the toggle becomes active, and you must select one of the two Bands, and then you have the option of a specific channel or an Auto selection of the channel within that band. When Auto isn't grayed out, it is a toggle. There is no toggle to turn off Auto in Dual Mode. It is mandatory.

Reactions: GFields
Auto is already on and cannot be turned off in Dual Mode. Just because it is grayed out does not mean it isn't ON. It is! It is only grayed out because you can't turn Auto OFF in Dual Mode. When you switch out of Dual Mode, the toggle becomes active, and you must select one of the two Bands, and then you have the option of a specific channel or an Auto selection of the channel within that band. When Auto isn't grayed out, it is a toggle. There is no toggle to turn off Auto in Dual Mode. It is mandatory.
Thanks again l think I need a nite cap 😴
Doug
PS You are a good member and friend!

Last edited:
Well I have good news for all my forum members, I have finally got my controller issues fixed with the help and patience from a fellow forum member GFields. I want to thank all who responded to my thread to help, I know I didn't think it was ever going to end either.
Regards Oman
Fly Safe

Glad you have it sorted out mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have good news for all my forum members, I have finally got my controller issues fixed with the help and patience from a fellow forum member GFields. I want to thank all who responded to my thread to help, I know I didn't think it was ever going to end either.
Regards Oman
Fly Safe
Can you clarify exactly what you mean by "fixing your controller issues?" Based upon our prior discussion, there were no "controller issues," other than your misunderstanding of how the controller worked. Was there, in fact, something else going on?

Can you clarify exactly what you mean by "fixing your controller issues?" Based upon our prior discussion, there were no "controller issues," other than your misunderstanding of how the controller worked. Was there, in fact, something else going on?
No all is good thanks for asking, the issue was with me.
Regards Oman

No all is good thanks for asking, the issue was with me.
Regards Oman
Ah, user error! We have all been there!
I was ready to return my Mavic 3 in December of 2021, because the Aux Landing Lights would not turn on when bench testing their functionality with the battery on, like on the Mavic 2 Pro. Like you, I called DJI, and they said it was "defective" and set up an RMA for replacement! Fortunately, before I returned it, someone suggested I that the motors on the Mavic 3 had to be armed before the light could be cycled on. User error, because DJI had changed the functionality of the Aux Landing Lights compared to the Mavic 2 Pro, and didn't document the change in the app! Soon, there was an update to the app, stating "Aux Lights will be enabled after motors are armed" when turning them "ON" while on the bench!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_