Join Us Now

Help RC PRO CONTROLLER problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hello 👋
I have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I just bought, here's the issue, when I go into settings and go to transmission settings l select frequency to dual band and than try to set channel mode to auto function, but it is grayed and and will not let me set to auto mode, I should be able to set transmission settings to dual mode and channel mode to auto at the same time? I'am wondering if the new Dji Fly App.1.9.4 has anything to do with this? Is anyone else having this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks oman

Last edited:
That's the way mine works. As to a "why", I'll let those who understand it better explain.

Fly App: v1.9.4 (1260)
Mavic 3: v01.00.1000
RC-Pro: v03.01.1200

Yes

Hello 👋
I have RC PRO CONTROLLER that I just bought, here's the issue, when I go into settings and go to transmission settings l select frequency to dual band and than try to set channel mode to auto function, but it is grayed and and will not let me set to auto mode, I should be able to set transmission settings to dual mode and channel mode to auto at the same time? I'am wondering if the new Dji Fly App.1.9.4 has anything to do with this? Is anyone else having this problem?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks oman
Dual band is always Auto. Only when manually selecting 2.4 or 5.8 can you select manual or Auto.

Reactions: Spartan Drones
Dual band is always Auto. Only when manually selecting 2.4 or 5.8 can you select manual or Auto.
Dual band is to transmit both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz at the same time .when you select auto it will pick the frequency that has the least amount of interference. When I pick dual band it grayes out the choice to pick auto.I talked to Dji tech support and they said that was not normal and I should be able to set to dual and auto at the same time and that is how you have to set to make it able to pick and choose the cleanest frequency, they also said it might be the latest SW 1.9.4 that just came out. Can you pick dual and auto mode at the same time on your controller? I'am also wondering if anybody else has this issue? You also have been here along time and I respect your knowledge
Thanks for your help
Oman

Last edited:
Dual band is to transmit both 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz at the same time .when you select auto it will pick the frequency that has the least amount of interference. When I pick dual band it grayes out the choice to pick auto.I talked to Dji tech support and they said that was not normal and I should be able to set to dual and auto at the same time and that is how you have to set to make it able to pick and choose the cleanest frequency, they also said it might be the latest SW 1.9.4 that just came out. Can you pick dual and auto mode at the same time on your controller? I'am also wondering if anybody else has this issue? You also have been here along time and I respect your knowledge
Thanks for your help
Oman
I wouldn’t place any credence in what DJI tech support says. They have no idea what normal is! It is working as intended. When you select Dual Band, it is already automatically in Auto. No selection of Auto necessary. That's the whole point of the Dual band selection. Alternatively, if you manually select either 2.4 or 5.8, then you can either choose Auto within each band or a specific channel.

What exactly is it that you are wanting to accomplish that you cannot do? It is ALREADY in Auto if you select Dual band. The grayed out Auto selection means it isn't a toggle. You cannot take it out of Auto in Dual Band mode.

Reactions: maggior
I wouldn’t place any credence in what DJI tech support says. They have no idea what normal is! It is working as intended. When you select Dual Band, it is already automatically in Auto. No selection of Auto necessary. That's the whole point of the Dual band selection. Alternatively, if you manually select either 2.4 or 5.8, then you can either choose Auto within each band or a specific channel.

What exactly is it that you are wanting to accomplish that you cannot do? It is ALREADY in Auto if you select Dual band. The grayed out Auto selection means it isn't a toggle. You cannot take it out of Auto in Dual Band mode.
Why does when you pick a single frequency that auto mode becomes ungrayed and you can pick auto it lights up white. But if you pick dual again it grayes out. I think I might be a little slow lol 😆 also when in dual mode at about a half a mile I start to lose RC signal .When you pick one frequency than pick auto. What is auto doing with one frequency. One thing I agree 👍 on is tech support. Just out of curiosity what is auto mode suppose to do?
Thanks for your patience
Oman aka Doug

Last edited:
as stated, dual band is automatically on auto so that the system can automatically choose a frequency on either band to give best results (in theory)

By selecting a band, you are forcing it to stay within this band. You can have it automatically scan that band, or you can manually select a frequency within that band to suit.

Dual band is giving over the reigns to the system, and it wouldnt make sense to manually select and lock in a frequency in this mode

as stated, dual band is automatically on auto so that the system can automatically choose a frequency on either band to give best results (in theory)

By selecting a band, you are forcing it to stay within this band. You can have it automatically scan that band, or you can manually select a frequency within that band to suit.

Dual band is giving over the reigns to the system, and it wouldnt make sense to manually select and lock in a frequency in this mode
Thanks Oman

Have you flown in a congested area and maintained strong connection with remote and drone ?
Thanks again Oman
Flown a bit in cities, but usually in rural areas. The connection is fine, better on my RC-Pro than the RC. As expected, the strength is affected by buildings, trees, and hills. VLOS is more of a limiting factor than signal strength. I have always been in Dual Band so I can't give you any personal observations regarding the benefits of manually switching frequencies.

You don't say what aircraft you're using, not all support both bands.
Also the aircraft has to be bound, powered up, and not recording or in flight to change the transmission settings.

Why does when you pick a single frequency that auto mode becomes ungrayed and you can pick auto it lights up white. But if you pick dual again it grayes out.
Because when on a single band you either get to manually choose the channel or let it choose on auto within that band.
Dual band is always auto because there's no point having a manual selection that's not within one band...

Last edited:
You don't say what aircraft you're using, not all support both bands.
Also the aircraft has to be bound, powered up, and not recording or in flight to change the transmission settings.

Because when on a single band you either get to manually choose the channel or let it choose on auto within that band.
Dual band is always auto because there's no point having a manual selection that's not within one band...
Dji AIR2S
Mavic 3
Mini 2
Thanks Oman

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads