DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help :( this one hurts!

Ivozzz

Reactions
We purchased a Mavic pro second hand that had never been flown. It had sat in the box for 11 months.

Went to start it up and given a gyroscope error. Told to recalibrate IMU and compass. Neither works. The IMU will go through calibration and then I’ll restart, no change. Compass calibration asks to turn plane 360. I do so but it doesn’t register it. Also some sort of gyroscope error. What could this be? Tried refreshing, rolling back firmware on both craft and controller, no change.

Attachments

• 75CC3CF4-5E6D-4C73-A024-9CB3E351BC61.jpeg
    75CC3CF4-5E6D-4C73-A024-9CB3E351BC61.jpeg
    331.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DC29AECC-31A4-47CC-9E40-05411F836293.jpeg
    DC29AECC-31A4-47CC-9E40-05411F836293.jpeg
    231.2 KB · Views: 52
Not sure if this would do it, but just toniced that the Sd card that is supposed to come with it didn’t. My brother put in one of his that supposedly is on the approved list. Could this be causing the error?

I’ve got the errors down to just the gyroscope error asking for IMU recalibration.

The camera SD card has nothing to do with the flight functions. Looks like you got swiped a lemon.

We purchased a Mavic pro second hand that had never been flown. It had sat in the box for 11 months.

Went to start it up and given a gyroscope error. Told to recalibrate IMU and compass. Neither works. The IMU will go through calibration and then I’ll restart, no change. Compass calibration asks to turn plane 360. I do so but it doesn’t register it. Also some sort of gyroscope error. What could this be? Tried refreshing, rolling back firmware on both craft and controller, no change.
I had a minor accident with my MPP. The gimbal cable got damaged. Without knowing about the damage, when I activated my RC, I received an error message that my gimbal was obstructed. I didn’t look any further since I physically picked up my drone and looked at the camera/gimbal and noticed frayed cables sticking out. I’m guessing your errors may be related to a bad cable.

Just as sar104 stated, it is more than likely the gimbal cable and will need to be repaired

Reactions: Slade
Gimbal ribbon and cable not expensive (Amazon) not not terribly difficult to change.

Maybe a strange question,
But why buy a secondhand drone and then put it on a shelf for a year before turning it on?

Maybe a strange question,
But why buy a secondhand drone and then put it on a shelf for a year before turning it on?
Possibly it happened the other way round? Someone bought a drone, let it sit for 11 months, then Ivozz bought it and tried to fly it straight away?

Possibly it happened the other way round? Someone bought a drone, let it sit for 11 months, then Ivozz bought it and tried to fly it straight away?

That's the way I read it. :)

ahhh yes, that makes sense. shouldnt read these posts while drinking ;-)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky