DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with buying used mavic pro

Have you ever seen the movie Billy Madison or read the book “The puppy who lost its way”?
Yes! I played that trailer, hilarious poke at trust baby failing expects by status quo standardizations, happy ending turnaround

like a car, the odometer helps. but for aircraft, more involvement counts.
i repair and build electronics, and realized power consumption is a biggy. fresh circuitry can exhibit gradual changes consuming power over the course of use. benchmarking that consume is great to fall back upon to compare when anomalies arise. either consume can increase or decrease, by the causation of circuitry component changing. change occurs why? because of material change. e.g., in a cap, pin holing can introduce dramatic changes, in a fet leakage at the channel junction can introduce dramatic changes, and here in honolulu a mere pinhead immersed in infinite pacific ocean salts, these chlorides seek residence and "bridge over" adjacent conductors, again wreaking havoc.

easiest to use power benchmark of known good equipment in "healthiness".
you'd need to measure the amperes requiring some inline interface at the battery. the pinouts are available and the battery will not be in the craft because of the intrude measurement.

i hope you understand that everything in mavic air drinks amperes from the 12volt intelligent flight battery, including internal circuitry of the battery performing supervision and feedback essentials

Whoa, was that a serious post. I feel like when i reply, you are going to say "Quiet You" lol

In the real world where your going to buy something second hand, you cant give the Drone a Endoscopy/hook it up
to SonarGraphs and stuff.

Dji assistant sure, but it won't tell you the sort of detail your talking about

To me, People are usually the best way to get info on what sort of life something has had, but I can be optimistic.
so outside of whatever Thunderdrones said (maybe he said this already), is to look for signs the top has been popped.
There should be little dabs of glue on one or more bolts under the battery, and on the bottom.
and no scratches around the top edge

Ask them with questions you know the answer to Like "Whats that firmware app", "1.03.400 is the best huh",
"DJI refresh is a godsend huh"
You can look up the serial number (if they give it) to see if it's a refurb.

Also this is a good tool to find out when the drone was made. Good to know for "some" flyers

DJI SERIAL DECODER

Hope that Helps

Whoa, was that a serious post. I feel like when i reply, you are going to say "Quiet You" lol

In the real world where your going to buy something second hand, you cant give the Drone a Endoscopy/hook it up
to SonarGraphs and stuff.

Dji assistant sure, but it won't tell you the sort of detail your talking about

To me, People are usually the best way to get info on what sort of life something has had, but I can be optimistic.
so outside of whatever Thunderdrones said (maybe he said this already), is to look for signs the top has been popped.
There should be little dabs of glue on one or more bolts under the battery, and on the bottom.
and no scratches around the top edge

Ask them with questions you know the answer to Like "Whats that firmware app", "1.03.400 is the best huh",
"DJI refresh is a godsend huh"
You can look up the serial number (if they give it) to see if it's a refurb.

Also this is a good tool to find out when the drone was made. Good to know for "some" flyers

DJI SERIAL DECODER

Hope that Helps
Thank you much!
The desired seller would be the kind who just realized the whole thing is just too techy, like old folks or even girls unaligned to tech issues

Thank you much!
The desired seller would be the kind who just realized the whole thing is just too techy, like old folks or even girls unaligned to tech issues
Not serious, just basic conservation (mass, momentum, energy). Nutshelled, we watch carefully for parasitic losses, AND unexpectant loss of normal consumptions. Heat is parasitic losses, firing a fet transistor, some expected heat is generated. Maybe the receiver acknowledged resend that data packet because it was incomplete, so transistor must reiterate: enough repeats increases heat, and so we examine how come transmit and receive arent optimal, and so on.
I cant believe its set up like this, but thats what contemporary drone sciences provide. I really wish breakthrough encode decode improvements could be now had (hundredfold superior of occusync). An ingenious clever design both in hard and soft has to debut. That would ramp popularity promoting hurtling advancement with competitors too.

More information about the used drone, I ask the seller if he registered it with the FAA, he said he only flew the drone recreational (AMA) pilot under the old Section 336. According to that it meant that it carried there personal registration number, not a unique individual number of its own. He had it written on the drone with a Magic Marker that he's now removed, so it would be ready for my numbers either under 107 or recreational. Anybody have insight about how legit this may be?

Thank you, I will be checking on the drone in person this upcoming week. Is there any way I can get the internal flight log information from his drone to look over and determine the specs and if there has been any crashes of any sort before I decide about buying a used drone

I'm surprised that I have not seen anyone answer this simple question. Yes, there is. You can power up the controller with the phone he used and the flight log data will be there in the dji app. I can't navigate you there, since I'm a bit of a NOOB myself, but it is there.

I'm surprised that I have not seen anyone answer this simple question. Yes, there is. You can power up the controller with the phone he used and the flight log data will be there in the dji app. I can't navigate you there, since I'm a bit of a NOOB myself, but it is there.
Yup. The megabytes keep increasing forever as there is none stack clearing unless by user execute or folder cleared (sync'd will not clear from commercial clouds). Does anyone know in apk option clearing data, is Shenzhen uploads also washed too besides phone's chronfiles?

I bought a used Mavic Pro Fly More Combo (3 batteries, charger, car charger, charging block, cables, extra props, shoulder bag), plus the seller gave me a 128GB micro SD card and it had 5 months remaining on DJI Refresh. I got it about 6 weeks ago on Craigslist. I paid $625. The seller showed me the DJI Flight Record (Total flight time: 4Hr16Min / Total Flights: 31 / Total Distance: 85,2430ft).He used it for Real Estate videos and upgraded to the Mavic Pro 2. He was very helpful, answered all of my questions and flew it for me. He's texted me a few times to see how I'm doing. This is my first drone and love it. I have 10 flights and still so much to learn.
I don't know where "Elude" has seen a Mavic Pro for $400 or less. When I was looking, the cheapest "New" one (non Fly More) was $650 on B+H Photo on the daily special. As far as "Used", $550 is the lowest, non-crashed.
As others have said, look it over, ask if the seller will fly it for you, ask for the DJI Flight Record. Good luck

Checked out the Mavic Pro drone seems like a possibly good buy for a used drone, there is one thing that I noticed about the drone that I would like people's opinions/expertise on.
When the drone is in mid air not too high off the ground about 5 feet Max, no wind of any kind very still, the drone is on and the control is on. I'm using the controller to fly
Is the drone suppose to hover in one spot where it last was or does the drone move slowly while hover

Checked out the Mavic Pro drone seems like a possibly good buy for a used drone, there is one thing that I noticed about the drone that I would like people's opinions/expertise on.
When the drone is in mid air not too high off the ground about 5 feet Max, no wind of any kind very still, the drone is on and the control is on. I'm using the controller to fly
Is the drone suppose to hover in one spot where it last was or does the drone move slowly while hover
It will hover in one spot when u take your hands off the controls

It will hover in one spot when u take your hands off the controls
Thank you for your response, if the drone camera facing away from me and it hovers from one spot and then starts to move slowly towards the right with my hands off the controls what could be the cause of that?

Also does it make a difference when trying out the drone and flying with just the controller versus having a phone plug in with the DJI GO app,
should the drone still just hover in one spot with my hands off the controller

if the drone camera facing away from me and it hovers from one spot and then starts to move slowly towards the right with my hands off the controls what could be the cause of that?
Does it make a difference if I have a device attached with the dji go app ok or am just using the controller would this cause the drone to move in mid air with my hands off controller?

They do drift a small amount if the ground is a solid color. No marker for the bottom cameras to pick up. Worst case you can go into the dji app with your phone attached to it. Power up the drone and controller, let them sync. Turn off the mavic since you don't want it to take off. Hit the menu at the top right go down to rc and at the bottom there is calibrate controller. It will have you move both right and left sticks following a blue circle. After cailbration is complete turn off the controller, close the dji app. Power on the mavic, then the controller, let them sync again and the app open try again to hover about 5-10 foot off the ground and see if it is hovering in place. If not put a stick or something under the drone, on the ground so the camera has something to pick up as a marker and see if that helps. Reply back if this does not work.

Jeff

They do drift a small amount if the ground is a solid color. No marker for the bottom cameras to pick up. Worst case you can go into the dji app with your phone attached to it. Power up the drone and controller, let them sync. Turn off the mavic since you don't want it to take off. Hit the menu at the top right go down to rc and at the bottom there is calibrate controller. It will have you move both right and left sticks following a blue circle. After cailbration is complete turn off the controller, close the dji app. Power on the mavic, then the controller, let them sync again and the app open try again to hover about 5-10 foot off the ground and see if it is hovering in place. If not put a stick or something under the drone, on the ground so the camera has something to pick up as a marker and see if that helps. Reply back if this does not work.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Thank you so much for your expertise.
I will try the calibration with the drone and let you know how it goes.
Without a device connected with the dji go app, would this cause the drone 5 feet of the ground to move quite a bit with hands off the controller?

Hi P, I have 2 used Mavic Pro for sale incl. 2 batteries each and a lot of other accesoiries, I am upgrading to Enterprice. If you live nearby London you can visit me, play an afternoon in Ritchmond Park and if you happy buy the drone, if not happy buy me at least a coffee.
Hi thank you for the offer and for letting me know. I unfortunately do not live nearby London. Sounds like a great place to live.

It shouldn't matter if the phone and app are attached or not. It uses the bottom cameras and sonar to pick up its location under 30ft. It should hover in place with only slight movements to correct itself.

Jeff

It shouldn't matter if the phone and app are attached or not. It uses the bottom cameras and sonar to pick up its location under 30ft. It should hover in place with only slight movements to correct itself.

Jeff
Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU