DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP WITH CRYSTAL SKY

enodog

Reactions
Hello,
My 7.85 ultra crystal sky monitor came in yesterday and I attempted to charge all the batteries. I plugged a micro cable into the corner of the charger base and went to sleep. 10 hours later the batteries are at one charge bar?! Any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks,
Liam

A micro cable? What’s that?

Anyways, you need to plug in a Phantom, or inspire charger into the base.

You cannot charge the crystalsky batteries via the micro USB port you need to purchase a power supply for the crystalsky if you do not have any of the other DJI drones and chargers. The Mavic charger cannot be used to charge the crystalsky.

I purchased a P4 power supply to charge mine with.

2d4d168c566fc481de614b686bdacadf.jpg

13b5da245c3778194c5011021dd506e4.jpg

dc7fc6340a3fa0139dd92b108603a213.jpg

I purchased the car version P4 charger as it's easy to take with me.

And by the time I get home it's fully charged again after my day flying.

Last edited:
You cannot charge the crystalsky batteries via the micro USB port you need to purchase a power supply for the crystalsky if you do not have any of the other DJI drones and chargers. The Mavic charger cannot be used to charge the crystalsky.

I purchased a P4 power supply to charge mine with.

2d4d168c566fc481de614b686bdacadf.jpg

13b5da245c3778194c5011021dd506e4.jpg

dc7fc6340a3fa0139dd92b108603a213.jpg

I purchased the car version P4 charger as it's easy to take with me.

And by the time I get home it's fully charged again after my day flying.
Seems like the more I hear of the crystal sky's the dumber they seem. So now you have to pack around another big charger, why can't it just be micro usb like a normal tablet?

Seems like the more I hear of the crystal sky's the dumber they seem. So now you have to pack around another big charger, why can't it just be micro usb like a normal tablet?
Because the batteries require more power to charge than a micro USB delivers. The CrystalSky's require more power than a standard tablet. Why? Because the CrystalSky's screens are super bright.

Because the batteries require more power to charge than a micro USB delivers. The CrystalSky's require more power than a standard tablet. Why? Because the CrystalSky's screens are super bright.

OK, but why not usb c then? If you can charge laptops I'm sure it would be able to charge an ultra bright tablet? Just a thought, we already have enough to pack around haha

OK, but why not usb c then? If you can charge laptops I'm sure it would be able to charge an ultra bright tablet? Just a thought, we already have enough to pack around haha
That's a good question. Has anyone actually tried charging with the USB-C port on the bottom?

Edit: It might be disabled to prevent devices plugged into it from inadvertently trying to charge the unit. I.E. the RC my lose it's battery too quickly if it tried to deliver power to the CS.

The bottom line here is DJI'S product ecology is all over the place .... it's like the development teams just don't know each other never mind that they clearly don't speak to each other...

I am certain DJI doesn't knock all these drones up over night it just shows a total lack of product vision IMO.

I still love my Mavic however :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven