DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with DJI instructions. I must be stupid :0

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I forgot who informed me that you can now get Care/Refresh coverage after the initial period by presenting a "verification video". I did that and DJI let me buy the C/R coverage. Part of the instruction said for the flyaway coverage I needed to "Bind" the drone (or controller?) to may account. They sent me instruction, but I must be stupid (I'd use the "R" word... but you know what would happen if I used it :oops: ? ).

I asked for more detailed instructions and they send me what I'll paste below. I couldn't figure out how to do that. I didn't find anything in my DJI account that would let me do that. It it somewhere on the controller? I spent 20 minutes and gave up. I replied with follow up questions but no reply. Nice little illustration below, but I have no idea where this exists. Where do I go to find what they're showing me below to "bind" my drone? Do they have the same thing for the M2P which I already had coverage on?

1614227499157.png

Do they have the same thing for the M2P which I already had coverage on?

View attachment 124542
Word was out that they were adding all aircraft to the plans and retroactive if Care Refresh was active. As of yet the Go 4 App doesn't have the option. Nor have they released any info on what the cost of any other aircraft would be other than those using Fly App.

Word was out that they were adding all aircraft to the plans and retroactive if Care Refresh was active. As of yet the Go 4 App doesn't have the option. Nor have they released any info on what the cost of any other aircraft would be other than those using Fly App.
The way I've decided to play this game is have Care/Refresh for both drones but also State Farm for both. SF costs me a total of $60/year. Based on what I ascertain on DJI's numbers, if your Mini 2 flys away they essentially sell you a bird ala carte at what you would have paid if you weren't buying the controller and other thing. Plus you've already paid $49, so your cost for fly away replacement is $305 where a new one with controller is $450. Not bad because you can't buy the bird separately without the controller; at least not new. The coverage is actually better for you in an twisted way, if you have a catastrophic crash that would have cost you $300 to repair but only $59 plus the $49 you've already put in.

With State Farm you have one claim and you're canceled. So I'm reserving that claim for that fly away or total loss on the M2P or a theft on the ground where the thieves got everything in my kit. Mini 2 kit is insured for $600. I could only insure the M2P combo for a little over $1500 because I cut a deal for the refurbished package and they'll only cover what you paid and they have to replace it with. Had to provide invoices. But even so, the extra $60 total including both isn't a bad deal and I'm fully covered and can take the cheapest path of least resistance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS