DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with ENAC regulation for Electronic Identification Device

paul242

Reactions
I'm off to Italy in the Summer and this part of the ENAC regulation confuses me. I fly a MPP and wasn't sure what they're actually asking for and if the MPP does this anyway. I couldn't find the definition mentioned in the last sentence, but it sounds like an Electronic Tag to be attached to the drone. I've attached the regulation for clarity and this paragraph is on page 12.

As of the 1st of July 2016, in addition to plates required by the Art 8.1, any RPAS shall be equipped with an Electronic Identification Device, that allows the transmission of RPA real time data, its owner/operator and basic flight parameters, as well as the recording of these data. Electronic Identification Device performances and characteristics are defined by ENAC.

Attachments

• Regulation_RPAS_Issue_2_Rev_4_eng.pdf
    627.3 KB · Views: 7
From the 15th of Dec 2019, you're required to have an active insurance policy that covers liability and damage to third parties.

I am not updated with ENAC regulation I feel it's not something that you could comply with if you don't have Italian citizenship.

From the 15th of Dec 2019, you're required to have an active insurance policy that covers liability and damage to third parties.

I am not updated with ENAC regulation I feel it's not something that you could comply with if you don't have Italian citizenship.
Thanks for the reply. Trying to get insurance here in Canada that covers Italy is proving difficult.

Starting in July, there is suppose to be one standard set of regulations for all of the EU.

Registration for recreational fliers and their drones is required, but you can register in any EU country and it will be valid in all EU countries.

There doesn't seem to be a specific insurance requirement though.

I did as AESA about non EU citizens and they say the rules apply, that you'd register with the first country you land in. The countries should have some kind of online registration method set up.

Starting in July, there is suppose to be one standard set of regulations for all of the EU.

Registration for recreational fliers and their drones is required, but you can register in any EU country and it will be valid in all EU countries.

There doesn't seem to be a specific insurance requirement though.

I did as AESA about non EU citizens and they say the rules apply, that you'd register with the first country you land in. The countries should have some kind of online registration method set up.
I've registered with Ireland, as they're still in the EU, so hopefully that will cover me in the rest of Europe.

I've registered with Ireland, as they're still in the EU, so hopefully that will cover me in the rest of Europe.

It may but there may be new registration procedures set up before July.

I've registered with e-AAN, the online portal for Portugal. But they said there will be a new registration procedure to comply with the EASA rules.

Does the above comments mean that due to insurance requirements it is currently impossible for non EU residents to fly drone (even for recreational purpose) in Italy?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser