DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help with FAA/Skyvector aeronautical maps

Dopper

Reactions
I apologize if these are stupid questions but...
#1) I have been trying to study maps so I can fully understand airspace and general knowledge of all they reveal. When I go on the FAA website and click on sectional maps i get an explanation but no maps. How do I actually get to the maps?
#2) I have been able to get on skyvector maps but it doesn't show my location so it's hard to pin point where I am actually flying at on the map. Do I have to use the various drone apps in order to determine my location or is there a way to have my location show up when I access them on my I-pad or Mac computer?
Note: I have authorized location services on both devices but it still doesn't reveal my location. I would appreciate any help with this.
Thank you! D

You can download sectional maps directly from the FAA here: VFR Raster Charts

The Skyvector website won't show your location. (it's mainly designed as a resource for manned aircraft pilots to look at charts as part of their pre-flight planning.) However, there are mobile apps with sectional maps that will show you your location on the map. (for example, on Android you can use the free "Avare" app)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada