DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi All

Rizzer100

Reactions
Hi guys noob here i got into drones about 3 months ago started out with 2 Phantom 2's the go pro and the Vision plus just upgraded to a friends old Mavic pro before i spend all my Cash on a new one thats if i can sneek another in the house without the misses seeing it :)

Welcome to the forum: and that old Mavic pro of yours is a Very nice drone indeed. I have a couple of them and would buy more if I could afford it.Also if you can part with the money an old set of D.J.I. goggles is a must-- MAN its something.
If the misses doesn't say that she knows she is saving it up for sometime special, She always Knows, I think they have spies and a secret club.

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann, in Hurst, Texas!

You'll love the flexibility of vantage points an aerial camera platform affords--you'll get shots and videos you could only dream of before! I fly a Mavic 2 Pro now, but will soon be upgrading to the Mini 3 Pro.

One DJI drone I would definitely recommend is Mini 3 Pro. It has a terrific camera, and its sub 250 gram weight makes it not subject to many of the regulations and restrictions that apply to heavier drones in the UK and elsewhere. Its lower price is also an advantage.

We have over 150,000 members—many from your part of the world--who enjoy helping each other get the most out of our hobby. Most of the questions you'll have will’ve already been addressed, and are easy to search. If you have NEW questions, just ask!

I attached a couple of links below, which will make learning piloting and photo/video skills easy. They specifically refer to the Mini 3 Pro, but his “moves” apply to any drone (DJI, anyway).

Glad to have you with us!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Welcome to the forum: and that old Mavic pro of yours is a Very nice drone indeed. I have a couple of them and would buy more if I could afford it.Also if you can part with the money an old set of D.J.I. goggles is a must-- MAN its something.
If the misses doesn't say that she knows she is saving it up for sometime special, She always Knows, I think they have spies and a secret club.
Hi Cafguy thank you for the warm welcome had Mavic pro 4 weeks now and its one nice bit of kit so much easier to fly than the phantom 2's i find

Welcome to our forum, from Hauptmann, in Hurst, Texas!

You'll love the flexibility of vantage points an aerial camera platform affords--you'll get shots and videos you could only dream of before! I fly a Mavic 2 Pro now, but will soon be upgrading to the Mini 3 Pro.

One DJI drone I would definitely recommend is Mini 3 Pro. It has a terrific camera, and its sub 250 gram weight makes it not subject to many of the regulations and restrictions that apply to heavier drones in the UK and elsewhere. Its lower price is also an advantage.

We have over 150,000 members—many from your part of the world--who enjoy helping each other get the most out of our hobby. Most of the questions you'll have will’ve already been addressed, and are easy to search. If you have NEW questions, just ask!

I attached a couple of links below, which will make learning piloting and photo/video skills easy. They specifically refer to the Mini 3 Pro, but his “moves” apply to any drone (DJI, anyway).

Glad to have you with us!

Rich R (aka Hauptmann)

Thank you Hauptmann my next goal is to get a mini 2 or 3 past the Misses lol fingers crossed

just upgraded to a friends old Mavic pro before i spend all my Cash on a new one thats if i can sneek another in the house without the misses seeing it

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you live in the UK, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

I sure hope you are following these rules, because the rule, "Don't hide anything from the Misses…" is also one you should also be following… Because, it she finds out on her own, she might think the ironing includes your drones with a Flat Iron or on Laundry Day, your drones need a good washing in the Washing Machine… Ok, that's it for my marital advice, if you want more, you have Ask Eleanor (the Guardian…) in the UK. (LoL…)

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar. Click on "Members" and then Click on "Member's Map…" Check it out and you might find some new flying friends.

Since you live in the UK, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

I sure hope you are following these rules, because the rule, "Don't hide anything from the Misses…" is also one you should also be following… Because, it she finds out on her own, she might think the ironing includes your drones with a Flat Iron or on Laundry Day, your drones need a good washing in the Washing Machine… Ok, that's it for my marital advice, if you want more, you have Ask Eleanor (the Guardian…) in the UK. (LoL…)

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Fly On and Fly Safe…
Hi Loudthunder
yes i have done the CAA test and have my flyer and operator id's i did all this before the first drone arrived in the post must have over looked the don't hide anything from the misses part :) but its my Birthday on 31st this month so hope i have some luck in getting it past her then

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

its my Birthday on 31st this month so hope i have some luck in getting it past her then
Good Luck and an Early Happy Birthday to you… Since you are getting the Drone from a friend and if you and your friend cook up a story on why he's giving it to you for your birthday, make sure he knows the story…

Many decades ago, I sold a buddy a very expensive, high-end 1/8th scale RC race car with a very expensive racing engine. I let him have with only about 25% down. He told his wife that he still owned some money on it, but did not let on how much.

She called my wife and said she wanted to surprise her husband and pay off the car and she asked how much… She blew up when she found out that it was a lot more than her husband led her to believe…

He did pay off the car, but was pi55'd at me for telling his wife how much. I reminded him that his wife called my wife and he had lied to her in the first place…

We were buddies no more…

Hi guys noob here i got into drones about 3 months ago started out with 2 Phantom 2's the go pro and the Vision plus just upgraded to a friends old Mavic pro before i spend all my Cash on a new one thats if i can sneek another in the house without the misses seeing it :)
Welcome and go for it. It is always easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13