DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Akron, OH

Malygos

Reactions
Hi,
I found this forum yesterday when I wanted to do some flying with my Mavic Air 2 - and it told me a firmware update was ready.
I told it to go ahead and it got stuck at 40% for a disturbingly long time.
Not wanting to interrupt it - and brick it - I did a google search and found a topic on this forum that assured people that this was normal and it was safe to start over.

Sure enough - I power cycled things and started the fw update over - and it succeeded this time :)

jim

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching
and stay safe.. Thumbswayup

Hello from the Crossroads of America Malygos.

Nice to meet you Jim. 🤝

I'm glad you found this site. I was turned on to it back in 2017 when I flew my Spark over on the Spark Pilots Forum.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

welcome to the forum
when doing updates its good practice to have a fan blowing over the drone to keep it at a reasonable temperature also be aware that some updates include the battery so if this is the case if you have more than one battery after the the update is finished switch off the drone put the next battery in and if indeed there was a battery update then you will get a message once the drone is powered up again repeat for any remaining batteries ,but make sure you have turned of the drone before you change batteries

welcome to the forum
when doing updates its good practice to have a fan blowing over the drone to keep it at a reasonable temperature also be aware that some updates include the battery so if this is the case if you have more than one battery after the the update is finished switch off the drone put the next battery in and if indeed there was a battery update then you will get a message once the drone is powered up again repeat for any remaining batteries ,but make sure you have turned of the drone before you change batteries
This I absolutely did not know - I did get the "ready to fly" package with the 3 batteries, I'll check and see if the 2 batteries I wasn't using need updated too.

Jim

@Malygos ,happy to help as i said not every update included the batteries so dont worry if you dont see the battery update message when you try another battery
one other thing to be aware of following a firmware update, is to check your flight settings in the app ,as some updates can reset your preferred settings back to factory ,i always make a note of my basic settings before doing a update ,that way you can check to see if anything has changed after the update
i dont say these things to impress ,but to pass on information ,so that others can avoid having their drone ,become damaged or lost ,for me thats what this forum is all about we all started from scratch at some point ,so never feel afraid to ask anything drone related ,and dont forget that you can use the search function on the forum to see if your question has been asked before

Hi,
I found this forum yesterday when I wanted to do some flying with my Mavic Air 2 - and it told me a firmware update was ready.
I told it to go ahead and it got stuck at 40% for a disturbingly long time.
Not wanting to interrupt it - and brick it - I did a google search and found a topic on this forum that assured people that this was normal and it was safe to start over.

Sure enough - I power cycled things and started the fw update over - and it succeeded this time :)

jim
Welcome to the forum from the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado! Happy and safe flying!

Welcome to the forum! If you need any product support or help, please do not hesitate to let us know. Also, we would like to offer you a 5% discount on our online store: www.FloridaDroneSupply.com - Use Code: NEWFORUMPILOT at checkout! Have a great day!

*Discount does not apply to DJI Enterprise Drones.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA.

In case you did not get a copy, below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mavic Air 2. You will also find the 57-page User Manual, in case your Drone did not come with one. The User Manuals are published in different languages.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Air_2/Mavic_Air_2_User_Manual_v1.6_enIII.pdf

Happy and Safe Droning…

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird