DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from California-Bay Area.

Hi All, I tried my hand at flying RC airplanes some time ago. I enjoyed it, but after a few NASTY crashes I decided to take a break, and never really picked up again until now. I just purchased an A2S and am ready to dip my toes in again. I'm in the San Jose area. Close enough to the airport to require clearance but far enough to be able to fly at 300' from my house. I'll check out the regional forum as well.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Hi All, I tried my hand at flying RC airplanes some time ago. I enjoyed it, but after a few NASTY crashes I decided to take a break, and never really picked up again until now. I just purchased an A2S and am ready to dip my toes in again. I'm in the San Jose area. Close enough to the airport to require clearance but far enough to be able to fly at 300' from my house. I'll check out the regional forum as well.
Hi rawman, I just bought a DJI Air2S. I live in Gilroy. What's the best place to go fly and test my DJI Air 2S? Gilroy has restrictions on flying at their parks. Greatly appreciated friend. Safe flying.

Hi rawman, I just bought a DJI Air2S. I live in Gilroy. What's the best place to go fly and test my DJI Air 2S? Gilroy has restrictions on flying at their parks. Greatly appreciated friend. Safe flying.
Been looking for good locations myself. I can legally fly to 300' from my driveway (with clearance from SJC) so it's good to practice. I've flown from the beaches around Davenport (North of Santa Cruz). There isn't anything saying not to, and B4UFLY says it's ok. California state parks don't officially restrict drones. Unmanned Aircraft System (Drones) in State Parks But if you look around most of the State Parks around our area specifically say no drones. (Ano Nuevo, Henry Coe, Henry Cowell, Natural Bridges, Half Moon Bay, etc) . Checking the parks down the coast and I don't see any restrictions around Pismo area. I flew at Shell Beach the first weekend I had my drone, but of course I was pretty much too afraid to actually get out over the water. I don't see any restrictions at Morro Bay either. Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area is near you and I don't see any restrictions on flying there. Other than Shell Beach and Davenport, most of these are guesses so take it with a grain of salt?

Been looking for good locations myself. I can legally fly to 300' from my driveway (with clearance from SJC) so it's good to practice. I've flown from the beaches around Davenport (North of Santa Cruz). There isn't anything saying not to, and B4UFLY says it's ok. California state parks don't officially restrict drones. Unmanned Aircraft System (Drones) in State Parks But if you look around most of the State Parks around our area specifically say no drones. (Ano Nuevo, Henry Coe, Henry Cowell, Natural Bridges, Half Moon Bay, etc) . Checking the parks down the coast and I don't see any restrictions around Pismo area. I flew at Shell Beach the first weekend I had my drone, but of course I was pretty much too afraid to actually get out over the water. I don't see any restrictions at Morro Bay either. Hollister Hills State Vehicular Recreation Area is near you and I don't see any restrictions on flying there. Other than Shell Beach and Davenport, most of these are guesses so take it with a grain of salt?
I was in Morro Bay and I did see a Sign No Drones posted! Marine Sanctuary!

Reactions: Steel63
Hey Rawman, attached is a State Parks Restriction on Drones in our area. Check it out. Good to known info.

Attachments

• Parks Restrictions Drones.jpg
    Parks Restrictions Drones.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Steel63
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member