DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Croatia (you know, that small country that won silver at the World Cup) ... :D

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: vborovic
Hello to the community,

I currently own a Mavic 2 Pro, enjoying it very much (feature packed and rock solid during flight) ...although I don't like the most recent Fly Safe update, the drone is barely usable now in some of the most attractive (and legal by local regulations) locations in my country.

Dobrodan , Vbrorovic Welcome to the forum
Try an app called Airmap , dunno how its going to work where you live but in the U.S. it submits your flight plain and get approval automatically. The new geo map was stressing me out too until I found this app .
Warning , keep your finger on the Pulse button, Airmap might make it do unexpected things … Hvala Thumbswayup

input , photo's/video's you might post

Don't think there will be much of those, unless I can embed 360° photos here ... :D

Try an app called Airmap

Heard about it, I know it works in the U.S. and some other major countries, I can try and test it, but don't have high hopes for it ... earlier today I was chatting with the DJI's support, the only way to go is to custom unlock the red zones in question ... hint: prison (meaning I need to contact the Ministry ... that should be fun) ... in turn, the newly activated NFZ basically blocked half of the city nearby and most of its sights ... leave it to DJI to screw their customers post-purchase ... and the M2 is not exactly a cheap toy ...

Reactions: evarejao
Don't think there will be much of those, unless I can embed 360° photos here ... :D

Heard about it, I know it works in the U.S. and some other major countries, I can try and test it, but don't have high hopes for it ... earlier today I was chatting with the DJI's support, the only way to go is to custom unlock the red zones in question ... hint: prison (meaning I need to contact the Ministry ... that should be fun) ... in turn, the newly activated NFZ basically blocked half of the city nearby and most of its sights ... leave it to DJI to screw their customers post-purchase ... and the M2 is not exactly a cheap toy ...
Are you plaining on filming one of the historic prisons / fortresses in southern Croatia or are you more north? I know Dobrovnic ( if I spelled it right ) is a beautiful city . Jewel of the Mediterranean I've been told .

@Roy Rogers - I'm more north, I had a potential job to film the city centre, but the city's functioning prison's red NFZ which is in the vicinity blocks any such attempt ... it is Dubrovnik (close enough), and it truly is as you've described it.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
I feel your pain , but rules are for a reason . maybe getting the green light will go smooth for you . Good Luck !

but rules are for a reason

National rules, I have no problem with those, I'm flying commercially: registered, insured - you name it ... but by having DJI enforce their own set of rules whenever they feel like it, is not user-friendly ... is it that difficult to just copy what every country has in place (of course you can't fly over airports and similar places, that's common sense - at least it should be)?

Last edited:
Reactions: grendeljaeger
Welcome to the forum! :)

Hello to the community,

I currently own a Mavic 2 Pro, enjoying it very much (feature packed and rock solid during flight) ...although I don't like the most recent Fly Safe update, the drone is barely usable now in some of the most attractive (and legal by local regulations) locations in my country.
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic 2 Pro, I love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Vbrorovic; welcome to the community, we all feel your pain. I am from the Chicago area. I live right under the flight
path as most Airlines descend to land at Ohare and Midway airports. I have to be very cautious as to were I can fly and how high I can fly. Been to Croatia, unfortunately did not have my flying machine with me. Besides this forum, you can get help with any issues by clicking on Mavic Help, then Mavic Tips. Site has answers to a variety of questions. Over 80,000 members to help out on majority of questions. Blue Skies and safe flying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xapiccone