DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi, from Stockholm, Sweden

Hi there fellow countryman, welcome :D

If your Mini is the first then startup by heading over here and download the complete user manual if you haven't already --> Mavic Mini User Manual v1.0

Then some useful advises ...

Keep well under the wind spec of 8 m/s were you fly ... and please note that it's not only at ground, it's at the altitude were you fly. The winds up to 120m are very different then on ground. Over in the --> Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance section on this forum the Mini's are pouring down at dozens everyday ...98% Blow Away's, a visit over there to read can also be a good idea. Use for instance the UAV Forecast app were you can get a feeling about the wind on higher altitudes, but please note that it's forecasts we are speaking of, a bit of common sense is good to apply to that ... "better skip flying a windy day & fly more another day".

Don't go & calibrate everything on a regularly basis ... why fix thing's that are working, it's just a higher risk that you by mistake calibrate your compass in a magnetic disturbed area & the Mini goes haywire 10 meters up in the air. Calibrate IMU + compass according to user manual, keep away from magnetic things like cars, metal tables & reinforced concrete at take off & compass calibrations. If the app recommend a compass calibration first try another launch spot on a far distance from the first ... if calibration still is recommended by the app do it, but only then.

Don't launch in a hurry ... wait until you have at least 8, preferable 10 locked satellites & wait for the lady voice announce that the Homepoint has been updated, check then on the map that it's in the correct spot. Also make it a habit to check the drone symbol on the map... is it pointing into the correct direction both in the map & in reality, if not the Mini probably is in a magnetic interfered area & a takeoff can end in disaster. Learn how the RTH function works, don't set the altitude for that unnecessary high, look around were you are going to fly and set it to clear the highest obstacle, to high & the Mini risks a blow away.

Seek up a large open place ... a soccer field, free of obstacles & people. Test off every function one at a time until you fully understand how it works & the logic behind, confirm through the user manual if needed. Fly low, slow & near.

Take the claimed control distance from DJI with a pinch of salt ... only doable out in the countryside completely free of WiFi disturbance & obstacles in between the Remote & Aircraft. Be happy if you get 500 meters in suburban conditions.

Don't use the RTH button as a "panic button" it's the weakest mode of them all ... you will always have access to more power in the manual modes ... if slow against a bit to strong head wind, go for Sport mode, drop altitude & maneuver the Mini home manually.

Learn the rules & regulation ... keep the Mini within Visual line of sight, if you can't avoid going out of visual keep it at least in line of sight (unobstructed line between Remote & Aircraft even though you don't see it).

Yeah ... one last thing, don't fly outdoors with the prop guards, they add to the Mini's payload making it even weaker & the guards also act as a sail letting the wind catch it even easier. (Flying really low in between trees, tight spaces OK ... but nothing else)

Happy flying, & welcome again !

Welcome to the forum!

The advice given in post #2 is important. Take your time to get used to the controller, the data given on screen as you fly etc. One thing I learned: If things seem to go wrong, let go of the sticks (but keep the controller in your hands). The drone will freeze and hover, something that will give you time to take a deep breath and regain control.

And don' forget to send in your videos to the landmäteriet for approval before you publish. The process is simple and free of charge, takes somewhere between 2-7 days. When I fly in Sweden, I simply send in the uneddited files (they can handle up to 20 GB per file...) and get the release for the entire footage. That way, I can edit as I like without checking on release again.

And last but not least: Always keep at least 10 mm between your drone and any obstacles :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome, we are becoming more and more flying in the Stockholm area

.I myself fly the most in UV, a very good place to fly, welcome out here to try.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Reactions: TTP

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear