DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from Winnipeg, Canada.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum :)

Safe Flights,
Allen

Welcome from Northern Ontario. Hopefully the Manitoba & Ontario border will stay open long enough for you to enjoy your camp in Ontario. You never said if you are certified to fly. If not visit DOT web site and take the exam. Takes about an hour. Very common sense questions. Makes you all legal and such.
Great little drone to fly for sure. Have fun. Watch out for the ticks, they are bad this year. LOL

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Fly safe and stay safe!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome from Northern Ontario. Hopefully the Manitoba & Ontario border will stay open long enough for you to enjoy your camp in Ontario. You never said if you are certified to fly. If not visit DOT web site and take the exam. Takes about an hour. Very common sense questions. Makes you all legal and such.
Great little drone to fly for sure. Have fun. Watch out for the ticks, they are bad this year. LOL
Hi there, The border closure didn't really affect either my wife or me. She works full-time for the feds and I do consulting work for them. We both have a letter recognizing we're critical/essential so we've been allowed to cross the border (feds trump the province I guess!). Yes, I wrote the Advanced test 2 years ago, and have registered my drone with TC. I have to do the flight review before September for the full "Advanced" Pilot Certificate. Hopefully will pass that...I feel a bit intimidated! More worried about what kind of questions may be asked, and how in depth of a site survey they expect. Not TOO concerned about the actual flying. Any tips are welcome! lol

Edited to add...ya...the ticks...dog has had a few, wife has had a few, and I've had a few! lol

Some that I have saved over time that might help.

You are the PIC
Some RPAS operators have expressed confusion over their role in a flight review. Remember that you are the Pilot-in-command and are responsible for advance communications with NAV Canada if the review is in controlled airspace. Don't expect the Flight Reviewer to take on your role and tasks.

TP15395 mentions the word “organized” five times in relation to flight review performance criteria. Take that as an important cue; make sure you don’t look or act disorganized during the review. Plan your operation in advance, work from checklists, lay out your RPAS and accessories in an orderly fashion and work through your tasks systematically. Although not required, a professional mindset will encourage you to be and stay organized during the review.

Transport Canada’s Flight Reviewer's Guide (TP15395) notes that “a demonstrated pattern of failing to use effective visual scanning techniques” is sufficient cause to fail a candidate pilot. Some sRPAS pilots focus too intently on the remote controller and the monitor during flight operations. Be familiar with various scan patterns such as “side-to-side scanning” and “front-to-side scanning.” Don’t forget to consistently apply a systematic method that incorporates eye fixations at different points in space during the review.

Bring Hard Copy Documents
Although RPAS operators increasingly rely upon smartphones and tablets in the field, a good argument can be made for bringing hard copies of your registration, pilot certificate, site survey, checklists, mission plan, and manuals to the Review. While TC allows the use of electronic documents, hard copies will permit Flight Reviewers to quickly and productively check your required documents. Plus, you don't have to worry about cloud service glitches and tablets made unreadable in bright sunlight.

Greetings!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78