DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi - I am a new member and have not purchased a drone yet from Southern California.

Hello from New Zealand, Scott. I don’t think that you would be disappointed if you bought the DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo pack. Plenty of flight time with the 3 batteries and the high res still frames and video formats will give you some great images. And the drone is extremely stable. Take your hands off the controls and it waits for your next command! ☺️ I have been flying mine for almost a year and it is a fantastic piece of gear. When you start flying, choose an open space and perhaps stay in Tripod Mode on the controller for your first few flights. That keeps things slow, in response at the drone. Good luck! And remember to breathe! ?? ????
Good advice as are many of the responses. If you’re going to be flying in wind, go for the MA2. It’s very stable for the size and still allows for hiking etc. No matter what you get, go with the Fly More Combo. Best wishes and enjoy the sport.

First of all hello to the group. I’m new too. And really glad to be a member.
I have zero drone experience, but I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro.
What helped me in my decision was watching the YouTube tutorials. There’s a bunch of them out there. Just look for the model of drone you’re considering and you’ll find a tutorial on how to fly, first flight, tutorials on the various flight modes available. I found the Dylan Young series for the Mavic 2 illustrating the various intelligent flight modes extremely helpful.
After watching the tutorials, when my drone finally arrived, I was flying under control within 15 minutes. I have no experience with the other models, but I found the Mavic 2 very stable and forgiving. Good luck no matter which product you decide to go with!

I am a new member considering getting into drones since bowling has been killed in California due to COVID.
I like the Phantom 4 pro but like the portability of the Mavic drone series. Any advice is welcomed as I have not purchased my drone just yet. I have masters degree in an engineering field so feel I can start slow with the mavic line and the great training tools. I would like talk to anyone with drone experience in southern California....
thanks
Scott
Weclome to this Forum. You will get lots of good information here. As to what to purchase, here are my recommendations for a new drone pilot:
1) If funds are low or you want to avoid registration, go with the Mavic Mini 2.
2) If you can spend a bit more and you would like higher quality photos and videos...and would like more flying features, get the Mavic Air 2. I have it and love it. One of my favorite features is HDR videos. (Write to me if you do not know what HDR is). It also can take bracketed shots so you can do HDR photos at home.
In either case, I would suggest the Fly More Package with extra batteries.

First of all hello to the group. I’m new too. And really glad to be a member.
I have zero drone experience, but I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro.
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland Paco Bird.

What helped me in my decision was watching the YouTube tutorials. There’s a bunch of them out there. Just look for the model of drone you’re considering and you’ll find a tutorial on how to fly, first flight, tutorials on the various flight modes available.

Yep. You cant beat good 'ole research when making a purchase. ?

Good luck no matter which product you decide to go with!

Good luck to you as well Paco Bird.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I also am new to Drones. After a lot of research I bout the Air 2 flymore combo with the Smart Controller (no telephone hassle). Frankly I love it. I have tons to learn but the AI on it makes it almost impossible for me to crash (yet). I also bought a hard case for it and it works very well. Enjoy this is a great hobby.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland to you as well Darkroad.

Nice choice for the combo pack.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum from Southern California.

I have been commercially flying drones for over 10 years worldwide and flown just about everything.

PM me if you have any questions or need help since we are both locals

I am a new member considering getting into drones since bowling has been killed in California due to COVID.
I like the Phantom 4 pro but like the portability of the Mavic drone series. Any advice is welcomed as I have not purchased my drone just yet. I have masters degree in an engineering field so feel I can start slow with the mavic line and the great training tools. I would like talk to anyone with drone experience in southern California....
thanks
Scott
Are you from Moorepark? I live in Simi Valley.

Are you from Moorepark? I live in Simi Valley.
I am in the Malibu-Pacific Palisades area, probably about 10 miles from you

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3