DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi New dronie (Today!)

MiniMagic

Reactions
I got my drone well yesterday got it home at 6 pm AND tried to get it working - 'until 12:30 pm' but all I get is the RED error "RC not connected to device"

Spoke to technical support at DJI told me to download DJI assistant 2 but still no connection, so tells me to take it back to the shop for another, I did this and got a new drone this evening (19th Aug 2020) but it does exactly the same thing.

This evening I did lots of internet searches and eventually found that a few people were saying that there was problems with the Huawei P20 and P30 phones...I have the P30 which should be fine but it's not, it just won't connect its as though the wire isn't connected to the controller but it is and it's fitted securely?

Tomorrow, I fly to Italy for one month so I may lose my money.

I was really hoping for a good first experience with my drone : (

does anyone have any experience here or know a way around this?

Thanks

Hugh

Reactions: Hauptmann
I hope you can get your mini to work right soon and you get to fly very soon.
I’m pretty sure you will have a great time with your drone.they are easy to fly and you can get great photos and videos as well [emoji106]

I’d be enclined to trying another phone or tablet from a friend just to see if the problem is your phone.
Dose your MM package not include extra cables for other phone connections?
Hope you get things sorted before your trip to Italy as having your MM onboard is going to be a memory creating asset not to mention fun.

Reactions: shaneb50
I've had the same problem with a phone that I thought was compatible. Nothing more frustrating. Hope you can find something to borrow for your trip. It'll hook up in a flash and you'll be on your way.

I mostly use my iPhone but also use it with a Huawei Mate 10 Pro and never had any issues whatsoever and the P30 is even newer so should work fine

I got my drone well yesterday got it home at 6 pm AND tried to get it working - 'until 12:30 pm' but all I get is the RED error "RC not connected to device"

Spoke to technical support at DJI told me to download DJI assistant 2 but still no connection, so tells me to take it back to the shop for another, I did this and got a new drone this evening (19th Aug 2020) but it does exactly the same thing.

This evening I did lots of internet searches and eventually found that a few people were saying that there was problems with the Huawei P20 and P30 phones...I have the P30 which should be fine but it's not, it just won't connect its as though the wire isn't connected to the controller but it is and it's fitted securely?

Tomorrow, I fly to Italy for one month so I may lose my money.

I was really hoping for a good first experience with my drone : (

does anyone have any experience here or know a way around this?

Thanks

Hugh
I've had this problem a couple of times. Make sure your controller is hooked up with your cell phone (the correct cable connection). Then make sure the controller it turned on. Then power up the drone and open the app. It should connect.

Welcome to the Forum from Chicago the Windy City.
Hope you figure out why it not working.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sound