DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi to everyone, from Rhyl North Wales UK, I bought my Mavic Air about three months

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of support and guidance. We look forward to seeing the view of your world.

Welcome to the group Philip. You have a good location to do some flying off the beach there. Here is one I took from Splash Point last yearView attachment 104810
There is some great places around me without traveling to far, waiting for lockdown to end I have a few conditions which make me high risk for covid 19, if caught they say it would kill me. Just a had scare this week my temp hit 40c, turned out I have pneumonia. I do like your Picture from Splash Point
I am hoping to meet other flyers in or around my area when Covid 19 as settled down somewhat, Thanks

Hello & Welcome! I'm also from Wales :)
I did look at the Mavic 2 & do feel I should have bought that model, I found a bit of a bargain on the Mavic Air with fly combo kit. saved around £200, also I was a little worried about spending to much encase I did not get into the flying, loving it & have looked for some good areas to go to once I can,

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City. Very good question, and you received a good answer, especially when flying under trees. Its good to read and understand how RTH works. If pilots do not read about this very sophisticated system, about each function it can put a pilot in big dodo. Low Battery RTH , Failsafe RTH, Smart RTH, at first glance it just looks like a button on the controller that you tap when you want it to come home. Good to ask questions, to avoid mishaps. Especially if you change location frequently.
Unfortunately, not every new pilot reads the entire manual, and takes to the air without understanding exactly how these functions work. Please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, lots of good info available. Hope you enjoy being here with pilots from all over the world with vast amount of knowledge.
Fly safe and have fun.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Windy City. Very good question, and you received a good answer, especially when flying under trees. Its good to read and understand how RTH works. If pilots do not read about this very sophisticated system, about each function it can put a pilot in big dodo. Low Battery RTH , Failsafe RTH, Smart RTH, at first glance it just looks like a button on the controller that you tap when you want it to come home. Good to ask questions, to avoid mishaps. Especially if you change location frequently.
Unfortunately, not every new pilot reads the entire manual, and takes to the air without understanding exactly how these functions work. Please check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, lots of good info available. Hope you enjoy being here with pilots from all over the world with vast amount of knowledge.
Fly safe and have fun.
Hi, I spent the first 3 weeks just flying around my own home & on beginner mode until I felt i had most of the info in my head. The RTH I have & will continued to set up everywhere I go, just that reading people like hover & other like RTH so thought I would ask if there is a preference among flyers that have been at this for a lot longer than I have. I will stick to checking the place I'm flying in & hopefully pick the correct setting, I do understand this all now, thanks to everyone for coming forward & answering a question that as more than likely been asked 100's of times before, I am now more confident with the M/A now, had a couple of scares which was LOS, drone that far away & bright sunlight I lost which way round my drone was so panicked, few deep breaths & I had it sorted to fly back to me, thinking of a bright LED to put on my drone hoping it will help me see which way round it is, but in daylight the LED would have to be very bright, sunlight on phone screen does not help matter. Thank You

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Hi to everyone, from Rhyl North Wales UK, I bought my Mavic Air about three months back, I am a member on here now. I have been on the sidelines just reading about drone missapps & such, the tips i am picking up I'm sure I will find very useful. Did buy a Parrot Bebop drone a few years back but even with the large controller I found it so difficult to fly, slightest of a breeze sent it off somewhere you did not want it to go, I thought it was me due to my disability so I gave up. As I said I bought the Mavic Air few months back, what a difference I love it I'm out as much as I can be flying, I have the bug & looking at some of the Mavic Air bigger brothers but will fly my M/A for at least a year before upgrading, I don't like throwing cash away. Register with the UK CAA, my ID displayed on my drone.
Just saying hi really bit long winded,

One question the RTH is it best to leave as RTH ( which I do set up on every flight ) or would Hoover be better, myself I'm thinking it would depend on the area you are flying
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore