DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi,

JakeBlues

Reactions
Now that the Mavic Air 2 is out and shows to have Activetrack 3.0 and POI 3.0, would it not be reasonable for DJI to upgrade the firmware of the Mavic 2 series with these features?
I mean, technically ... the Mavic 2 has more sensors and should be able to handle these improved features, right?

jAKE

Now that the Mavic Air 2 is out and shows to have Activetrack 3.0 and POI 3.0, would it not be reasonable for DJI to upgrade the firmware of the Mavic 2 series with these features?
I mean, technically ... the Mavic 2 has more sensors and should be able to handle these improved features, right?

jAKE
They wont upgrade mavic 2 cuz mavic 3 series is incoming. I am supporting this statement on those reasons:
First prior argument:
Dji is realeasing new versions of their drones after 2 years period: mavic pro - 2016/mavic 2 series - 2018, mavic air -2018/mavic air 2 - 2020. Now it is time for mavic 3 series.
Second argument:
As you mention mavic air 2 surpass mavic 2 series in many ways so it is obvious that lesser and cheaper product cant perform better then flagship product.
Third argument:
Autel evo 2 series competition.
Dji is very consistent with their moves just look at drone prizes - mavic air release prize - 799$, mavic air 2 - 799$
I think those are very strong arguments supporting statement that mavic 3 series will be release this year and it will cost very similar to mavic 2 series.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat