DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Altitude Flight near Silverton, CO (~3 min)

spamgnome

Reactions
This isn't necessarily my best editing effort, but the beauty of the landscape more that makes up for it (I think). Driving back to Durango from Silverton on the Million Dollar highway (Rt. 550) I spotted a pull-off that had a great launching point for a flight into the valley. Although the height of the Mavic Air AGL was only around 300', what made this flight a milestone for me was that it was the highest altitude I'd ever flown at 9,654 feet. I didn't notice anything too unusual about the flight characteristics, but it seemed to perform just fine. Hope you like it.

This isn't necessarily my best editing effort, but the beauty of the landscape more that makes up for it (I think). Driving back to Durango from Silverton on the Million Dollar highway (Rt. 550) I spotted a pull-off that had a great launching point for a flight into the valley. Although the height of the Mavic Air AGL was only around 300', what made this flight a milestone for me was that it was the highest altitude I'd ever flown at 9,654 feet. I didn't notice anything too unusual about the flight characteristics, but it seemed to perform just fine. Hope you like it.

Very nicely done in a beautiful area. Love the shots looking down on the trees and the story telling from launch through to return. Nice one!

The scenery is absolutely stunning and you have done a brilliant job with the video. Well done.

I was in Denver in March of this year. My Mavic mini stayed home, I would have loved to fly over Red Rocks. Next time I go, I’m taking my MA2 with me. Well done

Whew! Sure glad you just missed those trees at the beginning! Nice footage. I am really familiar with that area. Skied Breckenridge, A Basin, etc. I owned a condo in Breckenridge in the 70's. (4 O'clock run). The flying was excellent. A bit of a close call coming back home! Only critique was the over exposed downward view of the forests on the way home. I would have tried to reduce the brightness there in the color correction.

Great video! I live northwest of Boulder in Estes Park at 8200 feet and regularly fly at altitudes from 8600-9400 feet and never had any issues. Loved the video, especially since I rarely see any from our beautiful State. Keep 'em coming!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh