DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Battery Temps

mobalized

Reactions
Has anyone checked their post flight battery temps? I pulled one out last night and measured it at ~145F (ambient temp around 65F). This seems pretty darn toasty on a lipo, it was after about a 17 minute flight with the return flight in sport mode.

Hey. Hottest I have reached is 55 deg C with ambient at 27 deg C. That is in a total of 160 flights.

I just checked and my last flight on Sunday recorded a battery temp of over 142'F. Ambient temps were around 90'F. I checked about 40 other flight logs and this was the hottest to date. Previously, I had numbers in the 130's but nothing over 140 until this weekend.....how hot is too hot??? I didn't get any warnings or errors so makes me think it is within spec....

Battery Temp.jpg

Reactions: Smalls
I just checked and my last flight on Sunday recorded a battery temp of over 142'F. Ambient temps were around 90'F. I checked about 40 other flight logs and this was the hottest to date. Previously, I had numbers in the 130's but nothing over 140 until this weekend.....how hot is too hot??? I didn't get any warnings or errors so makes me think it is within spec....

View attachment 15862

Hey heavy, I flew and ended up in the 138'f, I'm wondering how hot is to hot just like you are. I never go a message from any of my mavic equipment saying I had a problem. BUT the next day that battery wouldn't charge, it has 1 green led that lights up when I put on charger. I figured I fried the battery, all 3 of my batteries are new only charged 7/8 times. How hot is to hot??? Cuz it's 110F deg outside at Austin Texas. I'm moving! It's to hot to live here!

The DJI battery guide says not to operate in environments above 104 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use that as a guide to determine whether or not it's a good idea to fly. If it's too hot outside you're better off flying in the morning or waiting until the afternoon when it's cooler.

My hottest battery temp was 122.7. The outside temp was 70 degrees so I'm not surprised by these higher temps when operating in warmer climates.

View attachment 15862
Where do you get a battery report?

Where do you get a battery report?

Hey Ron, when you sync your data you can get TONS of information. The DJI GO 4 app will give you some info but I started using app called healthydrones.com ITS FREE for the most part anyway. Use that to sync your DJI data and then go to the healthdrones website. It's changed names to www.airdata.com from there just login and poke around if your into data (I geeked out over this and went overboard by joining) if you pay a few bucks a month you get access to a little more but AIRDATA.com will be your buddy. I also use Kittyhawk.io It syncs DJI data also, they have a app but I'm still learning on this one. I enjoy looking at the data and stats so you don't have to go all pocket protector nerd boy like me

I just don't find it enjoyable to fly when it's over 90*F. I'm in Florida so in the summer that means flying before 11 and after 7. I actually enjoy flying more at night. Cooler and I can see a lot better with my strobes. Just need to put the OFF on. :)

I know the top end is 104*F, but I just don't think that is good for the electronics to work it too much at the top end -- premature wear and tear and all that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi