DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Hillsboro Lighthouse -- Super wide shots

Erk1024

Reactions
I've gone out a couple times to shoot the Hillsboro lighthouse. The lighthouse itself is great, but it also has a nice foreground with quaint old fashioned houses, beaches, a breakwater. It's an awesome subject to shoot. The only problem is that the obvious place to take off from (Hillsboro Inlet park) is inside restricted airspace. The solution is to take a super secret public access pathway. It's very narrow, and you wouldn't see it unless you went looking for it. It's just to the left of the Canada House hotel. The beach and the lighthouse itself are NOT in restricted airspace.

I've been trying to take very wide panoramas because I have an ultra-wide 32:9 monitor and I want good wallpapers. It's a little tough to shoot photos for. In any case, here is a shot of the lighthouse, and what it looks like on the monitor. This was shot with a Mavic3 Pro with the 24mm lens. It's a bunch of shots stitched together.

PomanoLighthouseDaybreak2.jpg

1728618741781.png

Reactions: Jim Martin
Nice job! Awesome photo

Reactions: Erk1024 and sarahb
Wow, that's a great shot for you monitor. Well done!

Reactions: Erk1024
Very nice.

Isn’t Hillsboro in Florida?

Governor DeSantis was on the UK news a few days ago about the hurricane and mentioned Hillsboro a lot

@Prop Wash
Thanks! I love this monitor, but it's hard to recommend because it takes up your whole desk, and the reliability isnt' great. Already had to return one that's failed.

@Mrktn Thanks! Yeah, this is in Florida. We had back to back hurricanes within days of each other. Not fun, especially for people on the west coast of the state. Heart goes out to those folks.

Reactions: Mrktn and Prop Wash
@Prop Wash
Thanks! I love this monitor, but it's hard to recommend because it takes up your whole desk, and the reliability isnt' great. Already had to return one that's failed.

@Mrktn Thanks! Yeah, this is in Florida. We had back to back hurricanes within days of each other. Not fun, especially for people on the west coast of the state. Heart goes out to those folks.
Absolutely. Glad it’s all over and people can return and if they can’t then homes can be rebuilt quickly

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz