DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hint of props in lower right of screen..

HomeyJay

Reactions
Hi all
Just starting out with the Mavic, learning the basic stuff!
Not sure what’s happening here but every now and then I keep seeing what looks like the props or a shadow of the props on the lower right of the video. Doesn’t seem to happen all the time but it’s there occasionally screwing up the possibility of a decent shot. I’m not in sports mode but I was wondering if it could be a shadow on the lens caused by the sun or something although the sun in many of these shots is in totally the wrong position to cause a shadow on the lens! I’m shooting at the middle video resolution (not 4K) and at 24fps with everything set on auto.
Can anyone suggest what I’m doing wrong please?

Until you supply a sample you will only get guesses. Prop shadows are normally in the upper part of a shot so the lower right seems strange. You are not flying with the protective bubble on are you?

Hi, just watched a couple of YouTube vids on this explaining why it happened. It’s the shadow of the props when they get between the lens and the sun! Should have realised, I guess!
Thx Mossiback!

Hi, just watched a couple of YouTube vids on this explaining why it happened. It’s the shadow of the props when they get between the lens and the sun! Should have realised, I guess!...
I was thinking prop shadow but you stated that the angle was wrong. Anyway, I'm glad you figured it out. I fly with a lens hood on to reduce the possibility of shadows.

Yeah, that confused me too but then I realised that I wasn’t really sure where the sun was anyway because of my bee-like flight path!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS