DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Hitching" when flying at max speed?

Taytay

Reactions
I'm no expert - I've made maybe 30 flights with this thing so far, but this morning I took it out for some sunrise flying in the mountains. It was cold here (about freezing), but I got no temperature warning. Right after takeoff, as I was flying forward in a totally unobstructed area, the drone kept briefly acting like it was going to stop for a fraction of a second, complete with the sound of the rotors changing speed, and the video jumping. It eventually stopped, but I think I ran into something similar a couple of days ago as well, so I'm beginning to think my drone might have an issue. I am flying in "normal", not sport.

I have also noticed that the gimbal can't seem to keep up if I start or stop flying too quickly. When I start, it points significantly downward for a bit, and when I stop, it points significantly upwards for a moment. I presume this is normal?

On your flight this morning... We’re you flying into (toward) the rising sun? If so your drone may have interpreted the sun as an obstacle.

I'm no expert - I've made maybe 30 flights with this thing so far, but this morning I took it out for some sunrise flying in the mountains. It was cold here (about freezing), but I got no temperature warning. Right after takeoff, as I was flying forward in a totally unobstructed area, the drone kept briefly acting like it was going to stop for a fraction of a second, complete with the sound of the rotors changing speed, and the video jumping. It eventually stopped, but I think I ran into something similar a couple of days ago as well, so I'm beginning to think my drone might have an issue. I am flying in "normal", not sport.

I have also noticed that the gimbal can't seem to keep up if I start or stop flying too quickly. When I start, it points significantly downward for a bit, and when I stop, it points significantly upwards for a moment. I presume this is normal?

Im thinking you were going to slow when you got hit by the Wind , notice on the video i made last night how my Air 2 drone stops and the Gimbal drops . Dont think anything is wrong with the drone.

You mention Max Speed in Normal mode.

Got to 1:45 for the exact moment

Try sport mode if it does that again, sport mode will turn off the obstacle avoidance sensors. If that fixes it then try cleaning your sensors and doing a sensor calibration using the DJI Assistant.

Ah, I was indeed flying towards the sunrise - not into the direct sun, but the sun was behind a mountain and it was bright. I bet it was something like that. I'll try going into sport mode next time and see if that fixes it. Thank you all for the quick and helpful replies!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929