DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOLY CAMOLY!!! I can see clearly now!

Opinions please.
I have these four in my cart but I can't decide which one will stand out best against the bright sky.

Cybernetik
Neon Fluorescent Yellow
Solid State Red
Airburst

I feel Solid State Red would be the most contrasty even though I like Cybernetik the best.
I'm going to go with the Neon Fluorescent Yellow, mine is the Neon Fluorescent Orange and its so bright you would think it was draining the batteries!
The red may be contrasty, but its not bright. Same with the Cybernetic.. both look good but just not as "bright"at least not in my eye, but its your drone...

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Its actually Cannoli, but you can say Camoly, just like some people say supposively when it is actually supposedly.
No it’s actually Camoly, but you can say whatever you want to say
I think cannoli is some sort of pasta

I'm going to go with the Neon Fluorescent Yellow, mine is the Neon Fluorescent Orange and its so bright you would think it was draining the batteries!
The red may be contrasty, but its not bright. Same with the Cybernetic.. both look good but just not as "bright"at least not in my eye, but its your drone...
Ordered that one with the registration decal to go along with it. Thanks!

Reactions: A.O.
No it’s actually Camoly, but you can say whatever you want to say
I think cannoli is some sort of pasta
Riiight... just like those others think it is actually Supposivly and not supposedly! Keep believe is is Camoly, just don't look it up on google or you might be sadly disappointed.

Cannoli is an Italian bakery item, not a pasta. However, you can still keep thinking it's pasta, if you wish, since you're getting everything else wrong..

In your estimation, does it look like the adhesive is going to last or do you think the edges will start rolling up over time?
It will look better after a hundred flights than it did new, and if a battery goes bad you can remove the skin and place it on the new battery. I've had several. Have to say..all drones look black to me in flight..might be my 82 yr. old bulbs. the fleet.jpg

Opinions please.
I have these four in my cart but I can't decide which one will stand out best against the bright sky.

Cybernetik
Neon Fluorescent Yellow
Solid State Red
Airburst

I feel Solid State Red would be the most contrasty even though I like Cybernetik the best.
I am a few years older than A.O. and have the same problem, trouble finding my drone when I look up from my controller. I like the yellow color, but I agree that the red would be easier to find against the light-colored sky.

I also used decal girl. I emailed them and requested a .psd template. They sent it over the same day and I designed my own skin. The skin has my company logo/name, registration number and phone number printed onto it as well as the unit number on both the drone and batteries for ease of maintenance logging/tracking. I flew a mapping mission for an industrial modular fabrication yard a few days ago and was able to see the drone 1600’ away against an overcast sky.
66122DC1-64F9-452B-9802-C477DC955D38.jpeg

Riiight... just like those others think it is actually Supposivly and not supposedly! Keep believe is is Camoly, just don't look it up on google or you might be sadly disappointed.

Cannoli is an Italian bakery item, not a pasta. However, you can still keep thinking it's pasta, if you wish, since you're getting everything else wrongWho **** in you

Cannoli is an Italian bakery item, not a pasta. However, you can still keep thinking it's pasta, if you wish, since you're getting everything else wrong..
Daym! Who took a crap in your cereal this morning? I thought this place was fun and laid back.

I also used decal girl. I emailed them and requested a .psd template. They sent it over the same day and I designed my own skin. The skin has my company logo/name, registration number and phone number printed onto it as well as the unit number on both the drone and batteries for ease of maintenance logging/tracking. I flew a mapping mission for an industrial modular fabrication yard a few days ago and was able to see the drone 1600’ away against an overcast sky.
View attachment 118892
That's really cool that they're flexible on the personal customization and btw, you're color combo and logo look amazing.

So I got a MA2 a couple weeks ago for my 65th birthday, love it but my vision is not as good as it used to be and I have a hard time seeing it sometimes. The other day I had it hovering about 30 feet in the air and about 50 feet away, I was messing with the phone screen and when I looked back up I could hardly see it against the trees in the background! Yikes. So I decided to give it an orange skin from Decalgirl skins.
Talk about a difference!!!! 1000% + Flew it in front of those same trees and it was like looking at the sun! So I did a straight away test, bout 150 feet high and just started flying it in a straight line and watching my distance meter on the screen... I could see that orange easily all the way out to 795 feet!! Bringing it back closer and just flying it around at a couple hundred or so feet it was amazing how noticeable it was now. I am so glad I skinned this thing!!View attachment 118825

View attachment 118826
Is the Orange color visible in a sunset background?

Cannoli is an Italian bakery item, not a pasta. However, you can still keep thinking it's pasta, if you wish, since you're getting everything

What a stupid thing to discuss I tell you what , why don’t you go discuss it somewhere else!!
Daym! Who took a crap in your cereal this morning? I thought this place was fun and laid back.
No kidding!!
I wonder if there is a way to “block” someone on this forum?

Hmmmm, upon doing some searching I clicked on his name and hit the IGNORE button.. hope it works!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR