DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOLY CAMOLY!!! I can see clearly now!

A.O.

Reactions
So I got a MA2 a couple weeks ago for my 65th birthday, love it but my vision is not as good as it used to be and I have a hard time seeing it sometimes. The other day I had it hovering about 30 feet in the air and about 50 feet away, I was messing with the phone screen and when I looked back up I could hardly see it against the trees in the background! Yikes. So I decided to give it an orange skin from Decalgirl skins.
Talk about a difference!!!! 1000% + Flew it in front of those same trees and it was like looking at the sun! So I did a straight away test, bout 150 feet high and just started flying it in a straight line and watching my distance meter on the screen... I could see that orange easily all the way out to 795 feet!! Bringing it back closer and just flying it around at a couple hundred or so feet it was amazing how noticeable it was now. I am so glad I skinned this thing!!IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4572.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you very much, on both! It looks b
Happy Birthday A.O., I am too thinking on skinning my MA2, glad to see your pictures. Looks very nice.
Thanks very much on both. I looks better from a distance than close up, but I am very happy with the outcome! Besides, who looks at it close up but me?
Check out the DecalGirls website, seems like a very good product!
And I too am on the MA2 as a first drone!

Reactions: Jettajam1
When I first got into drones I always put orange tape on the front arms and legs for orientation. I do like the whole thing orange!

Wow what a choice of patterns on their site. I'm getting one right now. My son is a firefighter so I'm getting this one. Does the wrap cover the bottom too so we can clearly see it from the ground? I'm assuming the answer is yes since you said you can see it far away.

The only bit it doesn't cover is the
Griddle section with the sensors
and light in it.

Wow what a choice of patterns on their site. I'm getting one right now. My son is a firefighter so I'm getting this one. Does the wrap cover the bottom too so we can clearly see it from the ground? I'm assuming the answer is yes since you said you can see it far away.
Yes top bottom and sides..
IMG_4572.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

Reactions: TnDronePilot
In your estimation, does it look like the adhesive is going to last or do you think the edges will start rolling up over time?

In your estimation, does it look like the adhesive is going to last or do you think the edges will start rolling up over time?
Kind of hard to tell what time will do but in the couple.. ok several times I had to pick an edge up to reposition it , it was very well stuck down. Again hard to tell what time, UV, wind etc will do to it. I'll stick my neck out here and say it will hold up. Just an opinion.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake