DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOLY CAMOLY!!! I can see clearly now!

I know the feeling!! And orange is good!
Perhaps you could have bought a Autel EVO and saved the hassle? :p I do love the color orange, but I want as much stealth as I can get, my area is full of rednecks with more firepower than a Afghanistan skirmish, I certainly don't want to launch a "clay pigeon" up there for them to zero in on ;)

Reactions: davery87
Oh... you are trying to cut in on my cut?? Man you're killing me! So I had to go back and have a look when I just started this little quest, you said:
Hi A.O
i haven't used them yet personally ( will soon ) but apparently
decalgirl.com are very good. They do gloss/ matt and fluorescent
orange. You get the drone and 3 batteries for the price and their
material doesn't leave residue when removed. ??

So you were making a recommendation from a place you hadn't been yet kinda , but you did point me in the right direction (along with some others) so I'm thinking I'd go 75/25... whatcha think?? ? ??
Sounds perfect my friend where do i sign ????

• Haha
Reactions: A.O.
Perhaps you could have bought a Autel EVO and saved the hassle? :p I do love the color orange, but I want as much stealth as I can get, my area is full of rednecks with more firepower than a Afghanistan skirmish, I certainly don't want to launch a "clay pigeon" up there for them to zero in on ;)
Hmmmm... I think I may be one of those rednecks of which you speak!:cool: And so far I've not flown mine outside of my property lines.
Here does this qualify me? This is a tree along my driveway leading into my property.?

IMG_3997.JPG

Hmmmm... I think I may be one of those rednecks of which you speak!:cool: And so far I've not flown mine outside of my property lines.
Here does this qualify me? This is a tree along my driveway leading into my property.?

View attachment 119198
I need these! Wonder if my "azz"ociation (can't say dirty butt version) would call out the soccer moms to shame me. I need property.

I need these! Wonder if my "azz"ociation (can't say dirty butt version) would call out the soccer moms to shame me. I need property.
I will not even look at a property with a HOA!!! Not an option

Everyone needs property, get some before its all gone... they aren't making it anymore!

Last edited:
This skin is a great idea for the visible color. I wanted to make sure I'm able to see my drone a long ways away so I bought this strobe and attached it to my Mavic Pro. Looks very visible from a quite a ways. There are a few versions out there, some better than others but this one is helping me keep track Mavic.61Ds2M-cJFL._AC_SL1008_.jpg20201213_202702.jpg

This skin is a great idea for the visible color. I wanted to make sure I'm able to see my drone a long ways away so I bought this strobe and attached it to my Mavic Pro. Looks very visible from a quite a ways. There are a few versions out there, some better than others but this one is helping me keep track Mavic.View attachment 119266View attachment 119267
Got a pic of it up in the air??

I'm beginning to like the idea of a strobe more and more. But I still want to be able to turn it on and off remotely. A trick I see with remote payload releases you can buy, is to use a light sensor positioned over one of the LED's that you can control remotely (either the forward arm LED's or the bottom facing LED on the M2). By turning that LED on or off, you can actuate the release. No reason you can't use the same kind of circuit to turn on, or off, a strobe.

Anyone here clever enough to cobble something together? I'll try myself, but electronics is not a particularly strong point with me. Time for some more research.

I'm beginning to like the idea of a strobe more and more. But I still want to be able to turn it on and off remotely. A trick I see with remote payload releases you can buy, is to use a light sensor positioned over one of the LED's that you can control remotely (either the forward arm LED's or the bottom facing LED on the M2). By turning that LED on or off, you can actuate the release. No reason you can't use the same kind of circuit to turn on, or off, a strobe.

Anyone here clever enough to cobble something together? I'll try myself, but electronics is not a particularly strong point with me. Time for some more research.
If you were electronically proficient or know someone that is, maybe you could just tie into that underside LED and just switch it from your RC.

Reactions: Barbara
If you were electronically proficient or know someone that is, maybe you could just tie into that underside LED and just switch it from your RC.
Exactly where I'm going with this. Unfortunately I'm not particularly "electronically proficient". Time to ask the "Google" I suppose.

Exactly where I'm going with this. Unfortunately I'm not particularly "electronically proficient". Time to ask the "Google" I suppose.
I am not either, I can wire a house, but wouldn't even try on a drone! There are those here that do that stuff all the time, all they need to do is tie into one of the wires that electrify that light. Shouldn't be that much of a problem doing that, not sure on the strobe end of things though.
Good luck and let me know what you find out.. maybe start a new thread and ask.. I'm sure we aren't the only ones interested in doing this.

Reactions: Barbara
I have a native orange Autel EVO 2 Protect is very easy to see in flight, far more than my Mini 2 and the MPPs nand MA1 that I have flown previously. Will definitely have to look at skinning my MA2 that is on the way.

Got a pic of it up in the air??
I think I wrote that wrong. I thought the orange skin was really visible. Mine looks like a rust bucket and doesn't add to the visibility. I just thought it looked cool. My strobe on the other hand, now that's visible. I do need to get some photos of my drone in the air, though.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J