DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HOLY CAMOLY!!! I can see clearly now!

I used a skin on my P4 about 4yrs ago. Then when the warranty was almost expired I took off the skin, a recommendation from another pilot. This was to inspect for shell cracks, and sure enough I had a crack under the skin. It was at the corner of the battery hole. With 3 days left on the warranty, DJI gave me a whole new drone, not a refurb. I'm really glad I looked under the skin, even though I really liked my stars and stripes Americana skin. I've never used skins since, but since I think DJI has figured out their plastics now, and there are no more reports of plastic stress cracks, I may be interested in a skin again, maybe sky blue. Hah!

Reactions: Thomas B
Wow what a choice of patterns on their site. I'm getting one right now. My son is a firefighter so I'm getting this one. Does the wrap cover the bottom too so we can clearly see it from the ground? I'm assuming the answer is yes since you said you can see it far away.
That’s the one I’m thinking about getting. Here’s the one I have now. Very good quality and fit. DACFD7B7-2F07-490B-9C89-458D42F5190E.jpeg

Reactions: Ditchdoc and A.O.
In your estimation, does it look like the adhesive is going to last or do you think the edges will start rolling up over time?
I have had a DG wrap on a P3P for over 3 years...no issues ;) They used a premium 3M product I assume they still do.
Of note if you don't have kids (much experience applying decals :p ) rinse you hands thoroughly with rubbing alcohol (Removes skin oils), wipe down surfaces with alcohol as well (I use lens wipes) have a blow dryer on hand to heat the surface (Helps with adhesion and molding curves). You should have good eye to hand coordination as well but we will forgo that as you should already have that if your flying these things. Start at one edge and "walk" it to the other with fingers slowly pressing in a back to forth motion. Have a needle to remove air bubbles if they appear and heat with blow dryer when all done to give it a final seal. :)

Last edited:
I just installed mine the other day, bought from Decalgirl as well. I put on the one that looks like Iron Man. The Red and Yellow helps a lot

I am a few years older than A.O. and have the same problem, trouble finding my drone when I look up from my controller. I like the yellow color, but I agree that the red would be easier to find against the light-colored sky.
Ok my opinion from flying real airplanes and RC airplanes for 50 years. Red will always look black against the sky especially a cloudy sky. Yellow and Orange are the best contrast to the sky.

Reactions: TnDronePilot
......cool, I just covered mine with Wrapgrade.......I was very skeptical about getting any kind of wrap but I am pretty happy with this and how it turned out. Now to see how it last.

WDK
Like that fluorescent green a lot.

Reactions: WDKZoom
Sorry who originally recommended you A.O ?i think we should do 50 50 at
least. ???
Oh... you are trying to cut in on my cut?? Man you're killing me! So I had to go back and have a look when I just started this little quest, you said:
Hi A.O
i haven't used them yet personally ( will soon ) but apparently
decalgirl.com are very good. They do gloss/ matt and fluorescent
orange. You get the drone and 3 batteries for the price and their
material doesn't leave residue when removed. ??

So you were making a recommendation from a place you hadn't been yet kinda , but you did point me in the right direction (along with some others) so I'm thinking I'd go 75/25... whatcha think?? ? ??

I am sure most probably already know this (as I am usually late to the game :) but there is a signup option / popup @ Decal Girl for 30% off next order. At least it was there for me and it was NOT my first time visiting the site. Not the best deal ever but 30% off is a decent discount for anyone thinking of possibly ordering. Especially from a vendor that has a decent reputation.
Yes, and I did get the discount.

Reactions: FiLiNuX
So I got a MA2 a couple weeks ago for my 65th birthday, love it but my vision is not as good as it used to be and I have a hard time seeing it sometimes. The other day I had it hovering about 30 feet in the air and about 50 feet away, I was messing with the phone screen and when I looked back up I could hardly see it against the trees in the background! Yikes. So I decided to give it an orange skin from Decalgirl skins.
Talk about a difference!!!! 1000% + Flew it in front of those same trees and it was like looking at the sun! So I did a straight away test, bout 150 feet high and just started flying it in a straight line and watching my distance meter on the screen... I could see that orange easily all the way out to 795 feet!! Bringing it back closer and just flying it around at a couple hundred or so feet it was amazing how noticeable it was now. I am so glad I skinned this thing!!View attachment 118825

View attachment 118826
Well done and good move !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo