DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point Set Notification

D95GAS

Reactions
Steadily getting through the manual and then putting elements into practice. First couple of flights on Wednesday but only short one's as the wind in York had a bit of punch behind it.

Anyway, come the day, I seem to have forgotten half of what I had drilled into myself to remember, so many icons and elements to watch and fly at the same time.

The question I have at the moment is regarding the home point. I am aware there is voice confirmation that the home point is set, but whether I had the volume down, or some other reason, but I didnt hear the voice confirmation.

Is there any visual confirmation on either the App screen or the controller screen that homepoint is set?

Thanks

Yes, on the map view screen there is a green bubble with a "H" marking the home point.

Reactions: D95GAS
Ahhhh now i feel dumb :) thanks msinger

And you can click on the mini map to zoom in to check the accuracy of the Home Point. It's also a good idea to check that the aircraft's heading matches the heading indicated by the aircraft arrow on the map.

I shall keep an eye on that thanks. The other compass indicator type map that sits in the corner, is it not possible to expand that like the mini map, or is that considered irrelevant and the small compass bearing indicator is adequate?

The other compass indicator type map that sits in the corner, is it not possible to expand that like the mini map, or is that considered irrelevant and the small compass bearing indicator is adequate?
If you're referring to the compass with the yellow lock in the screenshot above, that is just a setting to lock the orientation of the map. Try clicking it to see how it works.

I think he is referring to the round compass style pic on the iOs version. ios has that map on the lower right side and the round compass view in the lower left.

I think he is referring to the round compass style pic on the iOs version. ios has that map on the lower right side and the round compass view in the lower left.
Yep thats the one

This is true only on IOS in combination with an iPad. On and iPhone 6S you either get the map view in the lower left, or the compass view depending on which one you choose. The map is the default and you have to select through every restart of the app to get to the compass view. Not sure if this applies on the Plus size phones though as i've never used one.

Learn something new everyday! Haven't ised anything smaller than the iPad in ios.

So. that begs the question, if they already have a different view for iPad they could redo it in a portrait mode!

I always listen carefully for audio Home Point Confirmation, but sometimes I can't tell if I missed it due to ambient noise or HP was NOT updated. Does the "H" in the green arrow only appear if the HP HAS been updated? Is there a command to force HP update while aircraft is still hovering above LZ? I believe I read that if HP is updated in flight, that the HP will be established wherever aircraft is at that moment -NOT where the original HP was. thnx

I always listen carefully for audio Home Point Confirmation, but sometimes I can't tell if I missed it due to ambient noise or HP was NOT updated. Does the "H" in the green arrow only appear if the HP HAS been updated? Is there a command to force HP update while aircraft is still hovering above LZ? I believe I read that if HP is updated in flight, that the HP will be established wherever aircraft is at that moment -NOT where the original HP was. thnx
In the screenshot in post #3 above, there are a number of indications that the home point has been recorded.
See the big green Safe to fly GPS, top centre of the screen?
When your drone gets good GPS reception, it records the home point.
Down the bottom of screen, see D:5.1?
That's distance from Home.
Until there is a home point recorded, that shows NA.
If you reset your home point to the current location of the drone, that updates Home to where teh drone is.
With some phones or tablets you can also update to the current location of the controller as well.

Reactions: Citizen Flier
apart from the message being said when enough Sats are locked ,you should hear the same message again when you take off

In the screenshot in post #3 above, there are a number of indications that the home point has been recorded.
See the big green Safe to fly GPS, top centre of the screen?
When your drone gets good GPS reception, it records the home point.
Down the bottom of screen, see D:5.1?
That's distance from Home.
Until there is a home point recorded, that shows NA.
If you reset your home point to the current location of the drone, that updates Home to where teh drone is.
With some phones or tablets you can also update to the current location of the controller as well.
You should consider rewriting the Go 4 app user guide!

I suspect that when the app gets busy with various notifications during takeoff, that the verbal/screen notification about HP having been recorded is preempted, even though it has occurred.

I suspect that when the app gets busy with various notifications during takeoff, that the verbal/screen notification about HP having been recorded is preempted, even though it has occurred.
Edit: OK, I think you nailed it. I just ran a test -indoors, with no ambient noise. I waited for home point, then entered camera controls for a few seconds. When I dismissed the camera settings, Home Pt had been established. I never heard any audio confirmation. So it seems the key is to wait for the "H" icon in the map arrow rather than audio.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent