DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home Point Settings

john2k

Reactions
Does anyone know if the Home Point Settings in the Main controller settings saves on my device or account? Let's say I stop flying for a few weeks and go back, which home point setting will it use?

Does anyone know if the Home Point Settings in the Main controller settings saves on my device or account? Let's say I stop flying for a few weeks and go back, which home point setting will it use?
1. The home point is saved to your Mavic, not the controller or mobile device.
The controller or mobile device don't have to find their way home if control signal is lost but the drone does.
2. The home point is lost every time you power down the drone and a new one is recorded when the it gets its first good GPS location.

Does anyone know if the Home Point Settings in the Main controller settings saves on my device or account?
All home point related settings are stored on the drone itself. They will revert to the default settings if you install new firmware on the drone.

As @Meta4 pointed out above, the home point itself is not saved in a setting. It's reset each time the motors are turned on (or off and back on). That's assuming the GPS receiver installed in the drone is able to get a strong enough signal to find its current location.

You can reset the home point while I flight, but it is not dynamic, just moves it. Still can be useful after a long “follow me” etc.

Reactions: Drgnfli
Really good youtube video that I didn't know about the return to home. (Has to hover 10m (33 feet) to get a good precision landing, before flying off.
This video has nothing to do with setting the home point, but it does contain some helpful information for using the precision landing feature. In the best cases, the home point is set while the drone is still on the ground.

Reactions: Thomas B
Yes. Sorry about the confusion. Thus, the precision landing statement. Didn't know about this and had my drone attempt to land on my truck during 'rth' that was parked 5 feet away. Sorry.

I assumed when told home point has been set please check it on the map, that the home point was set by GPS no matter how you take off.

I assumed when told home point has been set please check it on the map, that the home point was set by GPS no matter how you take off.
Right on. The home point is always set using GPS data.

Reactions: Thomas B
ALWAYS use the home point settings for the time you are flying the drone. It should set them itself just after it launches and hovers. If you use home point settings from a previous flight, you may encounter navigation problems, especially when returning to home. Remember, HOME is always the point you take off from. My drone lands almost perfectly (within a foot) from where it took off from when I do this.

If you use home point settings from a previous flight, you may encounter navigation problems, especially when returning to home.
There's no way that you could use any previous home point settings.
The home point is lost when you power down the drone.
Next time you power up, it has no home point until it gets GPS and stores a new home point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic