DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RID, some questions.

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
What actually broadcasts the information, the drone or the screen device or both?
If both, is it known what broadcasts what?
Regarding the home point, is the current home point broadcast? I mean the home point and NOT the controller's location.

Only the drone broadcasts the RID info. I'm not sure how the home point works. When I tracked a home location the other day it took me right to the operator, but I'm not sure if he launched in the same spot or not.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
The drone broadcasts the info. Here in the US, the requirement for built in RID is that it broadcasts the control station location as well as the other info.

However, that requirement is changed for drones that use a RID module, they broadcast take off location and elevation.

Here is what is broadcast from Built-In RID
  • Drone ID
  • Drone Location and altitude
  • Drone Velocity
  • (Control Station) Location and Elevation
  • Time Mark
  • Emergency Status

Here is what is Broadcast From RID Modules
  • Drone ID
  • Drone Location and Altitude
  • Drone Velocity
  • (Take Off) Location and Elevation
  • Time Mark

If your drone has a 14 character alphanumeric Serial Number (which most DJI drones have), you will also have to add a '0' (zero) at the end to have a valid 20 character FAA Remote ID number.

Reactions: MavicFlyer2
How does Mavic 2 Zoom broadcast the RID signal: Bluetooth, WiFi, or both?

I can receive my RID signal on the Drone Scanner app on my Android phone, but I’m not sure if it’s through Bluetooth or WlFi or both.

I’m not receiving the RID signal on the Drone Scanner app on my iPad. I know Apple products don’t work with WiFi, just Bluetooth. I’m wondering if this failure is because my drone doesn’t send its RID signal via Bluetooth.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_