Home point updated question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 133794
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133794

Just a rookie question, why when i take off do i sometimes get the spoken
message........The home point has been updated, and sometimes it doesn't say
it ???

You should always wait until the homepoint has been set to take off, or manually set the homepoint while the AC is on the ground.

it ???

We find that there are two times you should get the Chime:
Before you take off and as you take off and if you dont get it , dont fly because it could be a sign that you have some type of Interference .

Best to just shut down , move the drone and restart this will solve a lot of other issues as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the rain and float on water

Thanks chaps ????
Wait for the notification. (It's telling you that it has a strong GPS lock)

Otherwise you can have some serious issues in the air.

If you confirm on your MiniMap (before you take off) that the drone is pointing the right direction then you can almost always avoid a Yaw Error.

If you are using an iPhone, the bracket will sometimes press the "silent mode" button. That may be why you don't hear it.

Reactions: RobertR
it ???
The reason is that sometimes your drone will record a home point with 5/5 GPS health.
But sometimes your GPS will be marginal and a homepoint is recorded but as you climb or move off, GPS reception improves so the flight controller updates the homepoint.

Thanks for all your replies. How do you check in the app if the home point
has been locked or not if you don't get the message.

I'm not for sure since I usually get the homepoint either before I take off, or as I hover a few feet in front of me but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I would think( always a dangerous proposition) that if you see the homepoint icon on your map, that it knows where it is...

Yes that makes sense, i'll try hovering over the home point at about 20 feet
for a minute to see if that helps with a good GPS update instead of flying strait
off. ??????

How do you check in the app if the home point
has been locked or not if you don't get the message.
Next time you power up, watch for a few things on the screen.
Top left .. when you get GPS reception you'll see the Flight Mode change to N
As soon as the drone has good GPS reception, N is displayed and the drone records a home point
Bottom left .. watch the app display a number next to D
That's Distance from Home and you can't have a distance form home unless a homepoint has been recorded.

Hovering won't make any difference if your drone already has a good homepoint on the ground.
If your launch point is in an open area where the shy view is not blocked by trees, buildings etc, you should be able to get good GPS reception without having to climb or hover.

Reactions: RobertR
Is it true that performing a manual home point update in the app can only be done when the AC is airborne?
No ... but there's not much point doing it on the ground when the drone has already done it for you?

So, the app feature for manually updating the home point is there for what circumstances?
It's not for updating the homepoint.
It's for resetting the homepoint to a different location.
You could reset to the current location of the controller if you had moved a significant distance since launching (like flying from a moving boat or car).
Or you could reset to the current location of the drone if you had to launch from an unsafe landing spot and then fly to an open are.

But in most flying situations, if your drone has already recorded a perfectly good homepoint at it's launch point, there's nothing to be gained by "updating" it.

I find that if you do not get a home point updated sound, check you have the volume turned up on the device you are using.

If you auto TO, the drone will TO and hover a few feet straight above TO point....,then it will set the homepoint and announce that.

If you auto TO, the drone will TO and hover a few feet straight above TO point....,then it will set the homepoint and announce that.

I am able to do that in both DJI app and litchi but DJI app no longer announces the homepoint, but Litchi does

I am able to do that in both DJI app and litchi but DJI app no longer announces the homepoint, but Litchi does
It would be normal for the drone to record it's home point on the ground, unless you launch early.
It might update shortly while in the air if GPS reception improves.
The DJI app will announce if volume is turned up and it isn't busy with multiple things happening.

it ???
My MA2 won't take off above 30' for so unless the home point is updated. It just takes another try and when I hear that it's updated I know that I'm ok to fly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead