DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Home point

Mikeg

Reactions
Has anyone managed to Set the home point as the controller/iPhone/iPad? I have given up although I would love to be able to set my iPhone or iPad as the home point. I continually get the message that the GPS signal is too weak which I know is nonsense. I must admit I have been assuming it is a software bug which would get fixed sometime in the future. But I am beginning to give up on DJI fixing their software bugs or bringing their software up-to-date (for example I am still waiting for home lock and course lock to be brought to the Mavic 2 zoom) . I get the feeling that DJI is not particularly interested in developing their product any further! After I brought the Mavic pro I was very impressed at how frequently DJI seem to be updating functionality. I do not get the same feeling with the Mavic 2!

That feature should work when using a mobile device that contains a GPS receiver. Or you could attach an external GPS receiver to your mobile device (like the Garmin GLO or one of these).

I shouldn’t need external advice as both my iPhone X and my iPad have both cellular and Wi-Fi, which means they also have GPS . I know this feature should work but it doesn’t and I seem to remember from an earlier thread that other people were having the same problem. Have you or anyone managed to get it to work?

I shouldn’t need external advice as both my iPhone X and my iPad have both cellular and Wi-Fi, which means they also have GPS . I know this feature should work but it doesn’t and I seem to remember from an earlier thread that other people were having the same problem. Have you or anyone managed to get it to work?
In my previous post I meant device not advice. Sorry!

I've seen a bunch of similar reports from Apple device users.
Weak GPS signal is DJI's way of saying No GPS but checking details, I have confirmed that these incidents are showing up even when there is GPS signal.

Usually when wanting to reset the home point, it's not for an actual landing, but to prevent the drone flying back to the original launch point as the battery gets low.
The alternative of resetting the home point to the current location of the drone should be just as good for most situations.

I shouldn’t need external advice as both my iPhone X and my iPad have both cellular and Wi-Fi, which means they also have GPS
Yes, they technically have GPS data, but DJI GO doesn't seem to like data that doesn't come from a dedicated GPS receiver. As @Meta4 mentioned, it mostly seems to be an issue with Apple devices.

Thanks for all your replies. One question has anyone managed to Set the home. According to GPS on their device and if so what device?

I have given up also. Mav pro plat.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna