DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Homepoint change

tommytavor

Reactions
First time flying in the desert and near a mountain. I was flying over the desert at Sycamore Creek a couple days ago. I was about 300 feet above my truck following a mountain ridge. I had my range limit set about 4000 feet away. All of a sudden my home point changed and I didn't realize it. We could see the drone against the clouds above the ridge. My phone said to return to home low battery, so I pressed the RTH button, not realizing that the Home point had changed. The drone tried to return to the new home point and crashed, up hill in the desert at 95 degrees F. It was a long walk uphill, while looking for snakes in the bushes. At least the last coordinates showed on my app and my friend found it upside down in a pile of brush. There is no electrical interference out there. So now it is sent in for replacement. Is it possible that I hit or changed the home point without knowing it Any suggestions or help would be a lot of help.
Thanks,
Thom

There is a good chance that you never had the Home Point at take off and thus found the home Point in flight.
Its easy to take off before getting a home point register. I think this makes the most sense.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water

Last edited:
Any suggestions or help would be a lot of help.
Thanks,

Howdy Thom.

Follow the instructions from this site to extract the flight log from your device and share the link if you'd like.

It may shed some light on what happened.

There are some gurus here that can decipher the information.

Good luck. :)

I have already sent in my mini 2 for replacement. I tried attaching to the computer and went through all the DJI files and didn't find anything. Would the flight log be on my SD card instead?
Thom

I have already sent in my mini 2 for replacement. I tried attaching to the computer and went through all the DJI files and didn't find anything. Would the flight log be on my SD card instead?
Thom
The required file is not in the drone or on the SD card.
It's on the phone or tablet you flew with.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report on the flight data.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and someone might be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Thanks to [email protected] I was able to find the information. I don't know how the homepoint changed but it did @ about 11 minutes into the flight.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2022-09-12_[12-04-55][1].txt
    2.8 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Thanks to [email protected] I was able to find the information. I don't know how the homepoint changed but it did @ about 11 minutes into the flight.
You must have updated the homepoint by using the map on screen at 11:03.6.
If you had simply reset to the drone's location, the app would have shown the distance from the new home point to be zero, but it shows the drone being 430 ft from the new homepoint.

The new homepoint was at 33.68297 -111.51833 and that's the spot the drone would have gone to on RTH.
i-G9S32Pm.jpg

Reactions: Moozer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU