DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hoodman HAV1 fit on ipad mini in Mavic 2 remote?

Aussiepilot74

Reactions
Hi all

I intend to use my ipad mini 4 in the remote control bracket of my Mavic 2 Pro without any external mount. Does anyone know if I can use a Hoodman HAV1 sunshade with the ipad mini 4 in the position that normally holds a smartphone?

Last edited:
I also use that Hoodman sunshade and have used it with a Mini 4 BUT, with the MM tablet holder. Even with that, it's a bit of a pain to get the hood on and the straps secured once it's in the mount so I think it would be very difficult to use the HAV1 with a Mini 4 in the RC grips.

KB

Reactions: Aussiepilot74
Yeah it wont work well with the hoodman straps. The controller brackets will also push the hoodman up letting light in. I use an adapter so that I have unrestricted access to the control sticks. It works really well. Only way to go in my opinion. I have considered getting a crystalsky but I love Litichi so that rules that out.

Yeah it wont work well with the hoodman straps.

Thanks for your response. I had a feeling I was going to have similar issues to what you mention. I just ordered a Mavmount 3 from the US and will ship it to Australia. So I can be ready to fly the day it arrives, can anyone tell me the shortest cable that can be used with my setup consisting of a Mavic 2 Pro, Mavmount 3 and Ipad mini 4? It seems my 1 metre cable will be way to long.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass