DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizon tilt while panning

Solo1

Reactions
Yes I know tilt happens when going too fast but this is different. When I pan left or right at pretty much any speed the gimbal tilts to the right and stays there after I stop panning. Then it slowly recovers after about 10-15 sec. I have recalibrated the gimbal I have recalibrated IMU. Acc 1 reads .0001 green. Acc 2 reads .0002 green. Both gyros are .0001 green. The only inconsistency is Acc 2 but that is the redundancy so I'm not sure if that could be the problem. Any ideas/ similar experiences? P.S first post new to the group. Greetings from Iowa.

That's pretty consistent with what I got with my Mavic Pro (Alpine first then Platinum) before deciding it was too annoying to deal with. Neither the Spark nor the Air have that tilted horizon problem...

Yes I know tilt happens when going too fast but this is different. When I pan left or right at pretty much any speed the gimbal tilts to the right and stays there after I stop panning. Then it slowly recovers after about 10-15 sec. I have recalibrated the gimbal I have recalibrated IMU. Acc 1 reads .0001 green. Acc 2 reads .0002 green. Both gyros are .0001 green. The only inconsistency is Acc 2 but that is the redundancy so I'm not sure if that could be the problem. Any ideas/ similar experiences? P.S first post new to the group. Greetings from Iowa.

I'm getting exactly the same thing.. I don't recall this happening when I got my M2 Zoom new last September. I noticed the problem over the summer.

Going forward with the stick straight up, everything's OK. Going sideways with the stick fully to the right or left and everything is still OK.

Move the stick to a combination of fully up and to the right corner or fully up and to the left corner and the horizon starts tilting.. Like you, it stays tilted until I start flying straight and then the horizon levels out..

Very annoying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redulus