DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizontal spin + stall + crash

remoemfrente

Reactions
Hello my friends!
I was just a reader but now its my time to call for an expert look :'(

I was flying as normal everyday, the Mini performed normally throughout many flights this week and even today's one.
Then suddenly i was going up to get a sunset view and started to send some wind warnings so i started to come back but suddenly it started to spin like crazy without any control and it came spinning horizontally straight over me.
Lucky i could get bump it in my hands before it reached the ground.

Here is my crashlog, any ideas what could be the cause of the fault?
Thanks a lot

Caio!

Here is my crashlog, any ideas what could be the cause of the fault?
The problem started at around 963.9 seconds.
You had been descending while flying backwards/right with a slow clockwise rotation.
The drone pitched nose-up and rolled over hard to the right and started losing height and tumbling.
This suggests loss of the rear right motor or prop.

Hey There
The problem started at around 963.9 seconds.
You had been descending while flying backwards/right with a slow clockwise rotation.
The drone pitched nose-up and rolled over hard to the right and started losing height and tumbling.
This suggests loss of the rear right motor or prop.
Thanks for this reading, as the props still there with just a little bits of (nothing critical i think) looks like it is something related to the motors.

Yesterday when i took it back i had noticed some sand grains inside the [front right] motor (a bit cracky when hand turning). I disassembled it and cleaned and now sounds to be perfect clean (just the common friction).

Catching a drone falling from the sky. WOW! Good catch for sure.

Okay - so did you lose a prop or what is going on?

Indeed it was a good catch, a bit scared not to lose my fingers but it went fine without major damage to the skin :p

So,
Today i started a new test to see whats up, done all the calibrations and tried to take off.
Sadly just the rear side of the drone take off and when gets like 30deg of nose wheeling it stops the action.

This is today's log:

Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks again buddies!

Hey There

Thanks for this reading, as the props still there with just a little bits of (nothing critical i think) looks like it is something related to the motors.

Yesterday when i took it back i had noticed some sand grains inside the [front right] motor (a bit cracky when hand turning). I disassembled it and cleaned and now sounds to be perfect clean (just the common friction).

Indeed it was a good catch, a bit scared not to lose my fingers but it went fine without major damage to the skin :p

So,
Today i started a new test to see whats up, done all the calibrations and tried to take off.
Sadly just the rear side of the drone take off and when gets like 30deg of nose wheeling it stops the action.

This is today's log:

Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks again buddies!

That's easy - you have the front props swapped.

Reactions: slup
:D Yep, saw it too...
That's easy - you have the front props swapped.

Geez spot on! I was too worried at that point! Ive swapped and now its working fine after crash!
Thank you so much guys!

Just the gimbal is acting strange now, when im 90deg down and i speed backwards it automatic tilts front everytime i do it (it looks like it's loose at that angle), any ideas?

Cheers!!!!

Geez spot on! I was too worried at that point! Ive swapped and now its working fine after crash!
Thank you so much guys!

Just the gimbal is acting strange now, when im 90deg down and i speed backwards it automatic tilts front everytime i do it (it looks like it's loose at that angle), any ideas?

Cheers!!!!

If you power it up and hold it level (motors disarmed of course), with the camera pointing straight down, and then tilt it backwards (front higher than the rear) at around 30°, does the gimbal move to keep the camera vertical, or does the camera tilt forwards as you are seeing in backward flight?

If you power it up and hold it level (motors disarmed of course), with the camera pointing straight down, and then tilt it backwards (front higher than the rear) at around 30°, does the gimbal move to keep the camera vertical, or does the camera tilt forwards as you are seeing in backward flight?
When i do it without flying it seems to work fine:
> 90° set > [ tilt backwards ] > camera faces a bit higher but when i go horizontal again it faces 90° by its own

When flying:
> 90° set > [ speeds backwards, drone tilt backwards ] > camera go to 67° and when the movement stops it doesn't come back automatically

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada