DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Horizontal Twitch / Glitch in the Matrix

Reactions
Good Day All,
Im having an issue with my Mavic. Getting weird horizontal twitching / glitch in the Matrix when shooting video. Shooting in 4K. This is only my 2nd flight, first flight the same.Any ideas what is causing this and/or how to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: halley
Looks like this might be the Jell-O / wavy / twitching problem. I've read that it could also be attributed to high shutter speed. At any rate I will do some more testing. Fingers crossed won't have to send it back to DJI.

Hey TheBilgeMaster,

Did slower shutter speed solve the issue? I'm experiencing the same problem. On my side, it seems to only appear in bright situations, so it would make sense to be linked with high shutter speed. I wanted to experiment with ND filters to see if it helps but they are not available in France yet.

Hey TheBilgeMaster,

Did slower shutter speed solve the issue? I'm experiencing the same problem. On my side, it seems to only appear in bright situations, so it would make sense to be linked with high shutter speed. I wanted to experiment with ND filters to see if it helps but they are not available in France yet.

Hey TheBilgeMaster,

Yes a slower shutter speed fixed the problem for me. I'm definitely ordering ND filters. I think they will make a huge difference especially when flying around the beach, water, snow, or in other super bright conditions / locations.

This is called "the jello effect," or just "jello."

It is a symptom of microvibrations in the camera, which are somehow transmitted from the airframe.

Since I see a lot of snow, I will guess it's cold where you're flying. Give the Mavic gimbal time to acclimate and use the latest firmwares; the soft materials in the gimbal shock absorbers firm up a bit in the cold and cause additional vibration to travel into the camera.

Other vibration sources are chipped or bent blades, imbalanced blades, bent or loose Mavic arms, or an unhooked gimbal elastic. If you only see it in some maneuvers, it's likely the hard retaining hook behind the camera bumping the camera when you start or stop moving suddenly.

Many people keep propagating the idea that adding a Neutral Density filter or adjusting shutter speed will fix jello, but it just dulls the focus until it's harder to notice. Fix the vibrations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3